BS Class of 2020 Thread

@chemmchimney --One and done is AMAZING! Congrats on the merit aid! Agreed that the Pacific Northwest is not only beautiful and a great place to get started in life, but that the schools are far less competitive to get into. I wish my DD would apply to at least a few schools in that region. . . Instead of international schools!

Speaking of which, we just received our first rolling admissions acceptance! It is a “probable” for her. Yay for us: after four years at 3,000 miles away, I really hope it won’t come down to another four at 5,000 miles away :frowning:

@GoatMama , how on earth did you insert that cute little goat emoji? It’s like you have a personalized screen moniker now while the rest of us are stuck with CC’s assortment of five emojis --an example of which is inserted here :wink: .

@itcannotbetrue Congrats on the rolling acceptance! Is that the international one?

I just use my iPad’s :keyboard:. The name of GoatKid’s ED ? literally means ?crossing. That must be auspicious, right??!

@chemmchimney and @itcannotbetrue Congratulations!

@chemmchimney , I am looking forward to reading your write up of Chimney kid’s journey!
@GoatMama ??

Congratulations @chemmchimney and @itcannotbetrue! How exciting! Good luck to Goatkid1 @GoatMama! Is she planning on playing volleyball in college?

@RuralAmerica Yes indeed she is!

That’s awesome @GoatMama! My DD didn’t apply ED anywhere, but one of the EA schools she’s applied to and was accepted to also recruited her for VB (Div III) so that has definitely pushed this school up near the top of her list! Wishing Goatkid1 the best of luck with her ED results!

That’s awesome, @RuralAmerica!

Congratulations @chemmchimney and @RuralAmerica !!!

Speaking of which, we just received our first rolling admissions acceptance! It is a “probable” for her.

@itcannotbetrue CONGRATULATIONS to you!

Yea, @Sarrip ! Nice to have good options in hand.

I’m excited for all of you, most of whom I first “met” when your kids were applying to BS. So happy for their great journeys!

For those waiting on ED and EA, and reading all this happy news – neither of my older sons got into their ED schools. And it was fine! As was said upthread, there is a pot for every lid.if your kid doesn’t get admitted ED you will be in good company.

@gardenstategal, yes the EA schools listed are her probable/safety schools but there are others that she is applying to that are reaches and she really wanted to apply ED. We did not allow her to apply ED because we (parents) want to see all of our options. She was not happy about this because she wants to be done with the process. Given that we are older parents and DH is of retirement age we have other factors to consider.

Awesome to hear that a first acceptance was received @Sarrip! Yay!

@RuralAmerica, Thanks but none for DD20 yet. Sorry if I posted something that was confusing.

@Sarrip Didn’t you write that you got the first rolling admissions acceptance in #888?
(I’m confused.)

@GoatMama : Not more learned, but steeped in a better learning?

Count on @CaliMex to solve riddles! She can pass by any trolls under any bridges, with or without goats. :smile:

And DS got in to his ED school!
Good luck to those still waiting!

Congrats to you and DS.

Congrats @carpoolingma . Duke?