BS Class of 2020 Thread

Congratulation to the 2020s!

By the way, dd’s spring break has been prolonged and we just received an email from dd’s school that she isn’t going to return the school for good (since she is a senior), due to the virus.

She is having a long long vacation it seems, hopefully until just fall if the colleges could start normally.

Shame on her prom dress. :slight_smile: Do college students ever wear it?

Congratulations to all the 2020s, winding up college decisions.

@SculptorDad , isn’t Grier going to be finishing classes online? Maybe your D can wear her prom dress to class one day!

Anyone here familiar with the Jefferson Scholars program?

We paid the deposit last night for DD’s college choice. Incredibly scary given our current world, but still very exciting!

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE, DD20 is holding out in hope that some time in April she will have the opportunity to visit or at lease do a walk/drive thru of the one school that she did not get to visit because the college counselor ,made a last minute addition to the list. We are narrowing it down in the event that she does not get that opportunity but very disappointing that she may have to decline a school because it looks great on paper, has a great reputation but don’t have the opportunity to see if that "feel’ is there. We know from our pre-application visits that a school can be, as the kids say “EVERYTHING” on paper and after visiting realized that it isn’t. It happened a few times with us.

Congrats to everyone whose kiddos have made their decision! DD has made a decision, but sadly for the only school that has not yet given us any FA information.

Sigh.

She also was selected for two full tuition scholarships, a full-ride scholarship, and was accepted to four in-state UCs. But are any of these schools in her top three? You guessed it.

:neutral:

Thank you for allowing me to vent!

Hugs @itcannotbetrue
I feel your pain!

@itcannotbetrue - I also feel your pain. DD20’s favorite is over the budget we set. On her own she sent them her other offer to see if they would consider closing the gap. I’m trying to help her see that there is more to consider than the tuition gap like travel expenses. In the end she can be happy with the other school which actually falls $500 over the budget we set but we are willing to compromise with that. We will see what happens. She can’t lose either way.

Yep, @Sarrip --it is what it is. I think the budget we set forth a year ago is now too high, given our new reality. Not that anyone around here but me cares anyway.

What’s tonight’s cocktail? :wink:

I’ll join you in a cocktail! Our income is already down by 1/3 but thank god we have only 1 tuition next year.

How is it that our thread did not continue after May 1st and final college decisions?!?!

I’ll start: DD landed at UPenn!

Budget out the window - but it is a great fit for her. I guess we’ll continue driving the six and seven year old cars :neutral:

@itcannotbetrue - CONGRATUALTIONS!!!. It was not an easy decision to make but one of the most economical decisions. DD ended up at Princeton!

Congratulations, everyone!

Congrats, @Sarrip! They will not be far from each other, LOL!

Congratulations @itcannotbetrue ans @Sarrip !! Amazing schools!!!

@itcannotbetrue - I have some things that I really would like to do to the house but they will probably have to wait 4 years. If the house stands that long ?. Glad this is the last chick in the nest.

Hear you!

Congratulations @Sarrip and @itcannotbetrue, both for the great schools and being past the decisions. Cocktail time for sure . Cheers! :slight_smile: