BS Class of 2022 Thread

@dramakid2 That’s amazing! Mine just had a fancy flyer but what really matters is that I get to read Fahrenheit 451 this summer! What books is your son reading?

Just one more week of doing team laundry and the grass-stained socks…will miss this next year…can someone please tell me if it’s too good to be true…the school does your kid’s team uniforms and practice uniforms? Does that include the team socks? <:-P

The Mercersburg video was super cute. They have done one the past several years, but this year was the best so far. Mercersburg always has the school-wide choice(s) be books by an author who is coming to campus during the year.

And yes, our school does practice (including socks) AND game kits. You get a laundry loop and drop it off in the Cage after practice.

@woodcal03 my son has to 2 required reading books, and then has the option to complete the summer reading challenge to read 3 more.

All incoming 9th graders will read “The Burn Journals”. Then they choose 1 of 3 all school reads - they can choose from “Tattoos on the heart”, “I am not your perfect Mexican daughter” or “The far away brothers”.

For the challenge they need to read 1 additional fiction book of choice, 1 non fiction book of choice, plus one of the faculty sponsored books, of which there is a list to choose from.

Fahrenheit 451 is required for incoming 10th graders, but maybe I will suggest that he read that one as well. I have never read it, but it looks intriguing.

I think I ended up reading almost every book my son had in English (of sometimes history or religion) over the 4 years. In fact, reading one – a stray! – now. There are those moments when you want a book and then, voila, there is something on the bookshelf that appeals, even if there are notes in the margins.

I think I liked the list better than he did btw…

I eagerly looked forward to our son’s summer reading list and enjoyed many of those books. I’ve posted several times that he never did the summer reading as he doesn’t like novels. If an Apple white paper had been on the list, he’d have been all over it.

It’s such a shame that @ChoatieMom 's kid’s lack of motivation and ability to follow directions precluded him from getting into a good college. =))

Yes, sadly, he ended up in the military. Please, kids, DO the summer reading.

Now he gets plenty of practice following directions. :slight_smile:

Now he’s giving them. :wink:

My kiddos prom and graduation are finished. My son was valedictorian. He keep it a surprise from me. My daughter remained on high honor roll.
@gardenstategal, how are you? Today I am putting color in my daughter’s hair. My only request is that the grades had to be great. Here we are… In an hour,I hope the finished product is fine for her.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

@“Mama Paradox” congratulations, how exciting for you! Sounds like you have a fall season coming up with a lot of exciting transitions!

And @ChoatieMom , I will be sure to use your son as an example of why summer reading MUST be done! :))

@dramakids2, Thanx . I will have an empty house in September.We are slowly buying clothes. @AppleNotFar , do you know where to find if there is a summer reading list for incoming new Andover students (9th grade) ? I can not find it on their website. Hello to @ChoatieMom.

Mama Paradox two years ago there wasn’t a summer reading list; I haven’t heard if there’s one for this summer.

No summer reading list last year either.

Andover does not have a summer reading list. The kid will work his/her butt off during the academic year, but does not have assigned reading over the summer.

To all the wonderful fathers…you are appreciated!
To all the mommies that have to do it all alone…half of this day is yours.(smile)

^or more than half, @mama paradox, if part of the day was consumed by worry (and maybe even a reminder) about whether kid would remember to call!

@gardenstategal, yesterday I bought my kiddos the cell phones of their dreams as belated graduation gifts. They were really shocked.
In reality, we are so fortunate. My thoughts are still with the children who are wondering where their parents are.(the news)

Hi- get a question on drop-off day. I am assuming that my son will be invited to preseason, which is one day before the freshman’s registration. In this situation, how long should I plan to stay during the drop off trip. Thanks everyone in advance for helping.