BS Class of 2022 Thread

Momof3nyc, will let you know in the fall which game I will attend. Glad your family made a comfortable choice.

Calimex, we will stay tunedā€¦

While driving the twins to the mall this afternoon, tears came to my eyes. Soo many times I was like a scratched record discussing about the importance of education. Wow ! The family talks while driving them like a taxi service did trick. Having a captive audience works wonders.(Smile)

Finally made a decision: Thacher it is! (Or as one parent described it at the SAS Visit Back Day, St. Andrewā€™s of the West!)

Yay @CaliMex !!! I have to admit my heart skipped a few beats when I read about the fabulous start of school activities they have for the kids.

Great for youā€¦!

Great news for you all!!

Great choice, @CaliMex ! You couldnā€™t have gone wrong with your options, but that one has always had a special appeal to meā€¦

Congrats!

A co-worker of mine husband changed his mind about allowing his son to attend B.S. His son was accepted by a school. The wife and son worked so hard for this. I just found out on 4/9/18. It is difficult at times for parents to let go. We try our best to navigate in what is best for the child. Has anyone experienced this type of change of events at touch down time?Wishing all the CC posse the bestā€¦

I havenā€™t been on for a long while for my 2nd childā€¦been so busy with college applications. Anywayā€¦my youngest daughter will not be following in her sisterā€™s footsteps but she will be attending Darrow School class of 2022!

@NYCMomof3 , yea for you! And you may meet some CC folks IRL too!

Congrats !!!

@gardenstategal thank you and yesā€¦Iā€™m hoping to meet another CC family who I know are at Darrow. If I do, they will be the 4th CC family Iā€™ve met IRL. :smiley:

I had met a CC parent at a B S revisit. Yes, it is reassuring to know a parent at the same school that your child will go to.

@momof3nyc sounds like we will be in the same side of the field! Welcome!!

Congrats on your decision @CaliMex!

A couple of years ago I asked my daughter to reach out to a CC family that was coming to visit Cate. She was able to get matched up with the visiting familyā€™s daughter & took her to classes (at Cate, part of the visit is going to a class with a current student - sans parents). Without the adults around, apparently the two girls bonded over the fact that ā€œold peopleā€ really need to learn a thing or two about internet safety and should stay away from ā€œchat room strangersā€ :))

@GMC2918 itā€™s kind of funny that you say that because I am often reluctant to tell people that I read and comment on this forum. I have this fear that they will think I am crazy for spending time on an internet chat room, plus they may wonder how much truth / help you can find on an anonymous board!

Although I had one funny experience back in January when my son took the SSAT a second time. Towards the end of his test time I was reading CC and there was a thread about the SSAT that day. Some of the international students had already taken it and finished it due to the time difference. Some posts mentioned the Old English poem on the test that day and how it really threw some of them off. When I asked my son about the Old English poem on the SSAT he stared at me wide eyed and asked HOW I knew that there was a poem like that on the SSAT that day. :-?

Funny story @dramakid2

I am CONSTANTLY being harassed by DH and AppleKid about being on here. But they do like the intel I get, especially now that weā€™re delving into the college search process.

Chimneykids steer clear of CC so I feel fairly safe postingā€¦ but I am sure some of their friends have outed me. They donā€™t need chat rooms - they have actual friends. :-h