BS Class of 2022 Thread

Math assessment tests will be next on the agenda.

Good Morning ,
My kids are marking down the months towards the new boarding school world. Our kids wants the freedom to learn at all these great schools. What is everyone during before blast off ? By the way, my kids want me to stop posting on CC also. This platform gives us a wealth of information to exchange . The twins are emailing their future classmates already.

Mama Paradox Iā€™m not sure if this counts as the sort of pre blast off activity you were thinking of, but the summer before starting boarding school AppleKid participated in instructional programs and camps in 2 new sports that AK wanted to try the following year. This paid off 3 ways: 1) learning the rules and lingo of the sports, 2) figuring out if these sports were really going to be enjoyed/worth pursuing in BS, and 3) giving a good taste of what it feels like to be a small/average fish in a big/talented pond.

ETA: A fourth benefit was getting into pretty good physical shape with all that cross-training in addition to continuing to train in AKā€™s primary sport.

Yes, that is considered a pre blast off activity. A summer program is a good idea.

I have a lot in mind about what to do before boarding school. Preparing for classes and sports I am participating in is one thing on my list. Getting in shape/bulking up, reading the books on the summer reading list, practicing sports, and taking math/english/language placement tests are also on my list. I was thinking of a summer program, but I might be too busy for those.

Slacker family over here. Summer before boarding school consisted of swimming of course, but the rest was RELAXING and being TOGETHER! The school year is very demanding. Plus we wanted to soak up as much family time as we could. This summer will be much of the same.

I might take the twins camping at the Delaware Water Gap this summer. The last time we went there was a bear print in the damp soil in front of our tent. Family happy timesā€¦

It will be bitter sweet in September, when everyone goes away to school. I will treat myself to Amateur Night at the Apollo in NYC. I plan to attend Family Weekend in October. Hopefully, I will meet other CC parents. Go Big Blue!

Similarly, we will be spending lots of time together as a family this summer, with some training for cjkidā€™s fall sport thrown in. After drop off, I just plan on crying for days. Just kiddingā€¦ mostly. :))
Go Big Red!

@cj9623 welcome to the family! Current prep mom :slight_smile:
I thought I would cryā€¦and then I realized he was home.
Feel free to pm me

Thank you! @momof3swimmers

Sometimes I think our 2 cats know the twins are leaving. My new role is pet babysitter. (

We always do elaborate themed Halloween costumes for our kids, and today my middle son decided to start planning for this fall. I had to remind him that his older brother wouldnā€™t be here to participate, and it was the first time this has been real to him. He kept asking, ā€œButā€¦he canā€™t come back for Halloween? What is he going to do? Who will be the third part of my costume idea!!!ā€

I can attest that the cats will consider it their duty to expand their needs to the point where you will wonder how you ever had time to raise a child with them in the house. In out, in out, in outā€¦ I texted my daughter today that I thought that our cat would be perfect for her dorm. She shot me down. :blush:

Momof3nyc I have no more kids to go trick o treating this year. No more candy to cheating on my diet Oct. 31.(smile)

Chemmchimney, I feel for you. Our cats, Buttercup and Salem will become more needy in Sept. Your note made me chuckle.

Paging AppleNotFarā€¦

My daily ā€œsnapsā€ to DC usually include at least one of our four furry children.

AppleNotFAR are you going to the November 10, 2018 A/E competitions games ? I have not decided yet. This date is on the draft academic calendar. Is this event considered a big must go to deal that parents usually show up for?

A/E games are fun no matter which side of the field you sit onā€¦unless your child does a water sport. Then they canā€™t attend. Know that your child will be busy with the festivities and most likely will not want to spend time with you that day.