BS/DO General Thread

NYIT is 7 years and requires MCAT, is that right?

Yes

What was your daughterā€™s UW GPA on a 4.0 scale?
I saw that you said 106 above, I assume it is weighted. LECOM wants the unweighted one (as far as I know).

Yes weighted 106 gpa
12 APā€™s

Can u plz DM me

1 Like

did anyone get interviwed with Rowan DO medical school. Any advise wouldbe appreciated?

Is it 3+4 only?

Hi, sorry for responding so late. What do you want to know? (The question is kinda broad, so idk exactly what to say)

If you are comfortable to share GPA and SAT (either here or in DM), that would be great! Also, what do you think helped your student with acceptance to LECOM?
Thank you!

yes it is a 3+4 program

I havenā€™t interviewed yet but I think mine is happening in mid-april

To those who applied to rowansomm through feeders, did u hear back yet.

I interviewed with RowanSOM for the Rutgers-Camden program last week but havenā€™t heard back yet regarding a final decision. I was also forwarded to RowanSOM through the Rowan BS/DO program and was told that I should hear soon regarding an interview through them but I have not yet received new information.

1 Like

What exact information do you need to apply to LECOM EAP?

If I remember correctly, they didnā€™t ask for too much - GPA and SAT score.
I believe they also ask which UGā€™s you want to link LECOM with (out of their affiliated school list), but you can change this at any time.
Ultimately, if LECOM chooses you and you choose LECOM, then you can let them know which affiliated UG you are going to (you are not tied to the ones you listed originally). I had called to verify this information earlier in this cycle.

1 Like

Thank you for this helpful information. It sounds like they are not asking much. Also, I am under impression that they invite you for an interview as long as you meet the minimum requirements for stats. Is that correct?

1 Like

Re: LECOM

You submit your application, then they invite you to an information session (required), then they send you a link for the interview.

I believe that as long as you meet their minimum requirement and attend the information session, you will be given the a chance to interview. That is my understanding because I have not seen anyone on this thread not get an interview.

At what point do you need to submit your resume and transcript?

Alsoā€¦ Despite interview invitation for all, I find it hard to believe that somebody with 1240 SAT will be valued as much as somebody with 1600 SAT. I wonder what filters they use to screen applicantsā€¦

Re: LECOM

Iā€™m not sure, but maybe someone who is going to accept the LECOM program can give you better guidance about this. There are a few people on this thread who are considering LECOM