BS ED matriculation

Yes, @confusedaboutFA , just as it is as the school DS attended. It’s important to be present for high school - especially one that offers so much.

2 Likes

@Alqbamine32 , our CCs promote the same. And with the ability to run the NPC before applying, the fear that your ED school won’t be affordable isn’t there. Very important when at least half the class needs FA.

Kid has an informal shared iPhone notes lists of ED commits from school this year for class of 2023. Kid shared it with me so I can see it. I’m not sure when it was last updated, and I don’t mention it.

Right now it lists nearly 80 ED commits. I am sure the list is not comprehensive, it’s just the commits that kid is aware of.

Roughly half are athletic commits. I have no way of knowing how many of the non athletic commits are other hooks of URM, donor, legacy etc.
There is a healthy smattering of IVY among the non athletes plus Stanford, MIT etc.
The athletes are mostly crew, lacrosse and hockey but also include athletes from 10 different sports.

Interestingly, I don’t spot any UChicago.

The accounts are all student-made; at my school, however, students just wouldn’t make an account like that.

2 Likes

got it! that makes sense.

Talking about admission all through the 4 years or nonstop senior year is 100% not healthy or helpful.

Edited.