B's In Science Courses

ok so i got B’s in biology and chemistry but i pretty much have A’s in every other subject… it’s not that i’m bad at science, i just had the strictest teachers at school for those two classes. basically i’m just wondering - do i have 0 chance of getting into CA direct entry nursing programs with those grades?

For CA publics you likely need at least 3.9 for the two CSUs and 4. 1-4.2 for the two UCs. Not to mention appropriate scores…So, be sure to also apply to privates: USF, Azusa, Point Loma. Depending on how high your GPA is, privates may also give you scholarships that would get you within 5-10k of UCs. I would also recommend looking for the direct admits thread on this site, if you are willing to go out of state. There are a lot more direct admits on East Coast

Both SDSU and CSU Fullerton require a minimum B in Chemistry and Biology for their direct admit Nursing programs. As stated above, CSU/UC GPA will be a huge factor in getting into these programs and especially for the UC’s which are very GPA focused along with high test scores. Just due to the competitiveness of all of these Nursing programs, the private colleges suggested by @theally1 are worth an application. Hopefully you included some of the other Cal States that offer the 2+2 programs as backups.

yeah i have the appropriate GPA and SAT scores but i saw some people with lower stats get into CSUF nursing already so i thought this was the reason why. thank you both for replying!