BS/MA at UCSB or BA/BS at UCSC/UCB

<p>I have been accepted into UC Santa Barbara and have the option to major in mechanical engineering with the option of getting a masters in economics in 5 years</p>

<p>or</p>

<p>I can study economics at UC Santa Cruz and study mechanical engineering at UC Berkeley in a total of 5 years also through their 3/2 Dual Degree</p>

<p>does anyone know how these programs may at all compare to each other or any experiences within the programs themselves</p>

<p>i know Berkeley has a well known engineering school, but would it be better to stay at one school for 5 years, or is it worth get two double majors at 2 schools?</p>

<p>I’m visiting all these campuses and this isn’t necessarily making or breaking my decision, but its certainly a factor</p>

<p>vocationally, i don’t know what i want to be, i enjoy my math and science classes the most and figure that engineering/econ would be a good route for me in my studies in college</p>

<p>This should be helpful
<a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-general/476419-dilema-ucsc-vs-ucd.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-general/476419-dilema-ucsc-vs-ucd.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>at most time, perhaps it's better not to try every your opportunity to advertise your favorite school(such as ucd), cuz your favorite is by no means equal to other's favorite, and it might instead bring negative impact to others with your favorite school... hopefully it's not hard to figure this out...</p>

<p>let me go back to the original OP --</p>

<p>do you still have chance to get both degrees you want at only berkeley(not ussc)? if yes, i'd like to suggest berkeley...</p>

<p>but if your answer is no, then I'd like to say -- choose ucsb and accept it happily, unless you really want to experience two campuses(ucsc then ucb) with the two degrees...</p>

<p>i wouldn't get the chance to get both from berkeley</p>

<p>i don't really have a preference of one over the other and id gladly accept either, cc usually just sheds a new perspective on opportunities that i may not have thought of before</p>

<p>The point in posting the thread was so that the OP realize that these transfer programs are not guaranteed. ;) Since there is no guarantee of transfer, IMO the UCSB route is the better option.</p>

<p>bump...
can i get anyone else's opinion??</p>