Bsc 300

<p>I am interested on any insight that can be provided on BSC 300 Cell Biology (instructor: Matthew J. Jenny) for an incoming freshman this fall. Son signed up for it because two UA Bio profs recommended to him that he take some kind of biology class as an incoming bio major if he planned on taking AP credit for the introductory bio classes. Son is a strong Bio student (5 AP BIO, 800 SAT II BIO/Molecular, H.S. academic team rep for Bio), and is also taking CBH 101, IHP 155, PHL 104.</p>

<p>He gets good reviews on ratemyprof.com</p>

<p>Kids say the tests are hard but he’s a good professor.
[MatthewJenny</a> - University of Alabama - RateMyProfessors.com](<a href=“http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=1440055]MatthewJenny”>Matthew Jenny at University of Alabama | Rate My Professors)</p>

<p>Having taken it myself (with K. Ramonell), I can tell you that ven though it’s a 300 level course, Cell Biology is perfectly fine course for a freshman with a strong background in biology to take.</p>

<p>My younger son took Cell Bio a an incoming frosh (I didn’t realize that he had signed up for a 300 level class…lol). </p>

<p>Although he did very well in it, I wouldn’t recommend that class as an incoming frosh. </p>

<p>I’ve just sent a message to my son to ask him who he had.</p>

<p>Son sent the following message to me:</p>

<p>*Matthew Jenny. great prof, hard subject, ca’nt really go easy on a class like cell bio. got an A+, i would recommend him. *</p>

<p>Thanks everyone for the feedback. One of the reasons our son decided to go ahead and take the class now was because of the ratings/comments for Prof. Jenny on ratemyprofessors.com. It is good to hear confirmation here of those ratings/comments and that the class can be successfully handled by an incoming freshman who works hard.</p>