BU Rise Practicum'21

anyone applying for the BU Rise Practicum/Internship for 2021?

2 Likes

ya ive been looking for a 2021 thread for people applying. hopefully people will hop on. honestly its not going to be the same and that makes me really sad

3 Likes

I’m applying internship with practicum as my second choice. I’m not really expecting much lol. My stats are kinda low but it can’t hurt to try.

1 Like

literally same. at this point i’m like i’ve got nothing to lose i guess

1 Like

would i have a better chance of getting in if i put practicum as my first choice? i honestly don’t rly have a preference and don’t have any previous research experience, but the thing that irks me is that I can’t put the internship as second choice

I’m applying! @elmosomlettes They said that they might be limiting internship matches due to covid, but I’m p sure practicum has less seats to begin w/ so I think they’ll probally similar in competitiveness

2 Likes

is anyone sending in their SAT/ACT scores?

well no commuter option anymore :cry:

yea that’s the exact reason why i put internship as first. i wanted practicum but it was just easier to apply to internship as first and practicum as second

yes, applying

To help anybody out my stats that i applied with are
SAT- 1580
GPA- 4.1
Aps- lit, bio, apush, chem (chem 5), World history (4)
No internship experience

1 Like

Has anyone gotten a decision (internship or practicum)?

I’m wondering the same thing. I still haven’t gotten any info so idk if I got rejected or if they havent sent out results yet

they said practicum decisions would be out late march

I have not gotten anything either.

Anyone get an email from BU Rise?

nope, I was told a couple days ago that admissions emails will be sent out soon.

I got an email, and they said I advanced to the matching phase, but they will give more info (if I get matched) by the end of April.

Could you please post your stats?

when did you get that email?