Bucknell Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Bucknell Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 15

Did anyone else get a big envelope today? I haven’t opened it as it is addressed to my D, the applicant. It’s about 6 weeks early, so I am not expecting much more than another advertising flyer.

False alarm…another advertising package.

1 Like

Do I have any chance of being accepted RD? 3.8uw, no test scores, lots of activities, good rec letters, Italian major.

1 Like

I would imagine decisions would be coming out soon? Does anyone know how decisions were rolled out in past years? All at once? or staggered over a couple weeks? etc?

looks like it was 3/17 last year

1 Like

My son just received an email that decisions will be released Wednesday, March 15th after 9pm.

3 Likes

Tonight…check the portal after 9PM!!!

4 Likes

Can someone let us know if decisions are posted? My friend is tired of bugging her son to check and last he checked there wasn’t a decision yet.

Yes, the decisions are in. My twin daughters were accepted into the engineering school

3 Likes

Congratulations times two!

1 Like

Got in for biomedical engineering and got the presidential fellows scholarship!

4 Likes

My son got in but got Zero listed for Merit (or any scholarships/aid). It lists COA at $83K. We did apply for tuition exchange. Do they wait on that or is that a no? Are they really giving him zero? He’s got high stats (1530 SAT Eagle Scout, etc)

2 Likes

Waitlisted with 1510 SAT and 96 average from Bronx Science.

no way…what were your other stats

1 Like

Accepted!!
3.89 UW 5.12 W
4 AP
Test Optional

1 Like

Son was accepted with Arts Merit Scholarship.

1 Like

daughter accepted with dean’s scholarship

1 Like

Do we think those who haven’t heard at this point should expect a rejection? This is frustrating. Congrats to those of you accepted!

Did you check portal?
DD never heard from Bucknell. When I told her that results will be out, she was very surprised.
Turned out that ALL communication went into SPAM. She never even set up portal with them :rofl: .Well, she is very happy with the result. She is waitlisted. Not bad for school #20 on her list that she never visited and never showed any interest. I am relieved that I do not need to add another school to the list to choose from. She already has 13 acceptances with scholarships, so my head is spinning…