Buisiness Vs. Engineering

<p>Which program is more reputable at UM, Business or Engineering? I am highly interested in both fields so I wanted to get a feel for the university's strong academic programs. How available is research and internship opportunities for either of these programs? Also, how is job / grad school placement after graduating?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Have you considered industrial engineering? It is engineering but incorporates business ideas as well.</p>

<p>i never thought about that. That actually sounds pretty cool. Ill have to do some research on that then. For business i am highly interested in information systems and management sciences. For engineering I am not 100% sure what i want to do yet, i was leaning towards either environmental or electrical/computer engineering (I kind of like programming). My ideal major is engineering management, but the only school on my list that offers that is UVM and i dont know how good that program is anyway. (Already accepted w/ money though) I will definitely have to check out industrial engineering though, thank you!</p>

<p>Business has a decent reputation…not amazing but certainly good.</p>

<p>the engineering has a very good reputation in enviro, music engineering as far as I know.</p>

<p>biz classes are really easy, engineering classes are really hard.
your schedule is pretty structured for both so you may not be able to double major and complete this in 4 years.</p>

<p>It seems like engineering with a minor in finance or biz admin would be the way to go</p>

<p>I am a big fan of environmental engineering, but ive been looking into their industrial engineering program and alot of the courses they offer for it interest me. Im not sure how great the industrial engineering program is overall. I have heard that business classes are a little on the easier side, and I know at most schools engineering classes are really difficult. Would you say the UM’s engineering is more difficult then say UC-Boulder, UMass, MSU, or Maryland?</p>