Bus Service to Birmingham airport

<p>Hi all, Even after reading so many posts I am confused as to who operates the bus to the Birmingham airport. Is it an University of Alabama bus that transports people to and from the airport, or is it an outside company that operates the bus(es)? Also does the bus go to the airport everyday? How much is the fare and what are the timings? Where in the campus does one board the bus?</p>

<p>Another related question: Is there bus service from the college to a Greyhound bus stop and Amtrak station in Tuscaloosa? Are these buses frequent? Where can I find the schedule?</p>

<p>Sorry if these questions have been answered before.</p>

<p>I know there is no bus service from the school to the Amtrak terminal or the Greyhound bus service.</p>

<p>The buses that are used to transport students to the airports are UA buses. But they only run at times when the school is on break, holidays etc. If you go to school website I know you can find out the schedule and the cost. You also have to sign up in advance and pay. I think the info may be under residential life.</p>

<p>There was a independent bus service that was making itz way through Alabama, stopped at UA and wet on to the airport. If I remember correctly it wasn’t used to often and it wasn’t very reliable. It is my understanding that the service has stopped,.</p>

<p>I hope this answers some of your questions.</p>

<p>hokiefan is correct. The private bus service has changed its schedule several times and was very disorganized. There are private shuttle vans and taxi services for $70-90 each way, less for a roundtrip.</p>

<p>The UA shuttle is operated using Crimson Ride buses and minibuses* during school breaks at specific times and may not work for all flights, so check shuttle times BEFORE booking flights.</p>

<p>Technically speaking, First Transit operates all Crimson Ride vehicles and the differing ownership of the Crimson Ride vehicles may be determined by seeing if the vehicle has a commercial or state government license plate.</p>

<p>I was just on the UA website and looked at the area that would answer most of your questions. It is under Housing and Residential Community. On that page you will see Safety and Services. Under that tab is the info on transportation.</p>

<p>Of course, our ever helpful Sea<em>Tide answered you already. We are going to miss you Sea</em>tide.</p>