Business Honors A&M vs. Regular Business UT

Hello I was wondering if anyone had any advice on which school I should pick. I was accepted into the Business Honors Program at Texas A&M a few months ago. I was also accepted into the University of Texas business school but was no admitted into the honors program. I know UT is more highly ranked but does the honors factor make A&M a better choice?

BHP is a degree, not just an honors group. Your degree will say Business Honors. it has 100% job placement stats - (jobs or masters/law school/med school since some want to do additional education first). Can’t beat those stats, just equal them if they can. BHP students are highly qualified and great contacts as well in your own future. Networking is excellent. Extensive exposure due to the high number of CEOs that are TAMU grads, plus the desirability of TAMU grads by recruiters (normally ranked #2 in the nation) – if you want a job, go to TAMU. Be prepared though, they do expect you to perform academically, be involved in leadership roles in organizations & do a worthy internship.

The only thing I will add is that for investment banking jobs UT may have an edge. As far as stateside non ibanking jobs are concerned BHP gets my vote