Business Honors Admissions Decisions

<p>Has anyone heard back from Mays BHP??? I'm curious since they supposedly started the admissions process for the program in mid-October. Also, I know that preference is given to National Scholars (National Merit, National Hispanic, & National Achievement) in some of the honors programs' admissions, is that true for Business Honors?</p>

<p>In the past, they waited until after the application deadline to notify students officially- it was about a week or so (mid-late January). I remember being contacted for additional information prior to that, have you been contacted at all yet? Regarding NMF, no it isn’t a priority from what I could tell. The scores of the students are all extremely high, but they did say scores alone do not get you into this program. Everyone seems to have another ‘wow’ criteria on their resume beyond academics. They put up a listing of achievements of the students at an informational BHP session for the selected students & parents, it was quite impressive & diverse. Timing for everything will be different since the deadlines have all changed, good luck!</p>

<p>@AGmomx2 thanks for the info! And no, they haven’t asked me for any extra information, so we’ll see how it goes I guess</p>

<p>Assuming you’ve seen this [Business</a> Honors Program | Mays Business School | Texas A&M University](<a href=“BBA Business Honors | Mays Business School’s vision is to advance the world’s prosperity.”>BBA Business Honors | Mays Business School’s vision is to advance the world’s prosperity.), the process has changed a little. Make sure you have a great rec. letter on file, the competition is tough. IMO it is like applying for another very competitive college - you just don’t know who will be admitted. The trend is it is getting even more competitive, with the offers to qualified applicants going down from 19% to almost 16% in just three years. I believe it is easier to get into Univ. Honors ( I could be wrong ), make sure to apply to both if you really want to be in an honors program.</p>

<p>Bump…</p>

<p>@catcat34 I received my invitation in December; however, I believe they send out notifications up through March. Best of luck to you.</p>

<p>@brighdalake Thank you! Good luck with your decision!</p>