Business Honors Chances?

<p>I'm currently a rising senior at one of the top high schools in Texas. I am 17 and of the Indian ethnicity. Given my GPA, SATs, and ACT's, i am an academic auto-admit but I am interested in the Mays Business School and the honors program within it. What are my chances of admittance into the honors programs? Thanks!</p>

<p>My Info:</p>

<p>ACT: 32</p>

<p>SAT: 2050</p>

<p>GPA: 3.5 UW - 4.3 W</p>

<p>Courseload: Taken 8 AP classes so far, planning on taking 5 more next year. </p>

<p>SAT II: Math II 660 - US History 630 - English Lit - 600 (Taking these three again, will
probably be much higher)</p>

<p>Class Rank - my school does not rank outside of the top 10% but I would say I am safely in the top 25%</p>

<p>Extra Curricular:</p>

<p>Currently Interning at the District Attorney's office with the D.A. This hopefully will be a large hook mainly because of my interest in criminal law which eventually would be my interest in Law School. I deal with multiple criminal cases there and receive large amounts of experience there.</p>

<p>3 Year Varsity Lacrosse - Lettered 3 Years</p>

<p>Eagle Scout</p>

<p>N.H.S</p>

<p>Model U.N</p>

<p>Debate</p>

<p>Over 50 hours volunteering at community library</p>

<p>Rec Letters - Planning on getting them from my AP Comparative Governement teacher and my AP Physics B teacher. Also will get one from my counselor but this is a little tricky because she is retiring this summer so she is not writing letters...so I'll just get to know my new counselor as soon as possible </p>

<p>Please let me know! Thanks!</p>

<p>That’s crazy weird, haha I have McCombs as my top choice and A&M’s honors as a safety as well. I think you have a really good chance. I went to a summer program a week ago at A&M, BCAP, and they said about 1200 apply for Business Honors, about 600 qualify for the Business school, and 120 get selected out of the 600. So, it’s definitely not as hard to get into as UT’s BHP. And plus, A&M assigns majors on a first come first serve basis, so out of those 600 who applied for BHP, who knows if they’re even all that considering they were accepted on a first come first serve basis, ya know?</p>

<p>You probably have a bit better than a 50/50 shot. It seems pretty hit or miss. Some kids that get in clearly aren’t qualified, and some who don’t get in are very impressive kids. If you don’t get into it, but come to A&M, you can apply during your freshman year. Just get a 3.8 or 4.0 first semester (not hard), and you should be fine. Don’t drop a class though. That will 100% kill your chances.</p>

<p>I was admitted to Business Honors and received a scholarship. Stats were ACT 35, GPA 3.9 uw, 4.2 w. I would suggest retaking your SAT or ACT since that seemed to be the factor that helped the most.</p>