Business Honors Chances

<p>What are my chances for getting into the Business Honors Program at Mays.</p>

<p>Class rank 45/819 (5.5%)
SAT 2050/1400 composite
Honor Roll all 4 years
Will have taken 10 AP classes by the time i graduate. Currently score of 5 on WHAP, English 3, APUSH, Psychology and a 3 on French.
Very involved in church and volunteer activites. Member of NHS and French NHS. Leadership positions in French NHS (treasurer) for 2 years, Vice president and founder of biology club 2 years, involved in many other various clubs. Do I have a shot?</p>

<p>You have a shot, academically you are within the parameters they traditionally pick. It will be more about your other activities,essays & recommendation. It is very competitive, there isn’t an exact “recipe” for admission - they pick a variety of students for the BHP. Everyone seems to have a ‘wow’ factor to their activities and of course top notch academics but rank & scores do not trump the overall package. Good luck!</p>

<p>I dont have that many unique “achievements” but I do have a managerial job in charge of 15 employees. I also am an amateur fishing tournament angler which may make my application more unique. Thank you for your insight</p>

<p>So you have a literal “hook” LOL! Good luck and Gig Em.</p>

<p>Haha thank you, I am hopeful</p>

<p>If you plan a visit to campus, go by the BH office or make an appointment to get your questions answered. They are very helpful and swayed my son to make it his #1 based on that contact alone. </p>

<p>Okay thank you, that is good advice</p>

<p>Been accepted into Mays, very curious as to whether or not i will make it into honors. Any tips on the letter of recommendation? How much do they look at that? Any other opinions on my chances?</p>

My friend received his acceptance letter to Mays yesterday. I am getting worried since I still have not heard anything.

Did you mean BHP or Mays? In the past, acceptances to BHP trickled out versus all on the same day or even same week.

I meant BHP

@Russ757‌ so you know for sure someone has been accepted to Mays Business Honors???

Yes I know 2 people personally who have heard

Got my letter of rejection today. Dissappointed but look forward to applying in the Spring

My son also got a rejection letter from business honors today, but is okay with the prospect of applying again in the Spring, if he decides to go to A&M.

@russ757 @texasjayhawk would you mind sharing your stats?

Stats are in initial post

@momof5tx:

2060 SAT (1410 Math + CR)
31 ACT
National Merit Commended Student, AP Scholar
3.85 weighted GPA (9 AP classes, 10 pre-AP classes), top 19% of class at time of application
ECs include Eagle Scout, varsity athlete. country/western dance team, freshman mentoring program
community service organization
Work experience
Excellent rec letters

Thanks for sharing your stats. Seems the pool was quite tough as my DS also was rejected with the following stats:

SAT 2100 (1440 CR + Math)
ACT 33
National Merit Commended
AP Scholar
GPA 3.92
2 varsity sports
Outside competitive sport
400+ Hours community service
Two leadership positions
Summer job for 2 years + job senior year
Internship
Top Honor roll all four years