Business Honors letter?

D17 was admitted to Mays Business School a couple weeks ago, she is an auto admit. She has applied for Business Honors by checking the Honors box on applytexas. After she submitted the application we received an email from the Business Honors program indicating they have received the application for honors, today we received a letter from the Honors program indicating that they have added her to the “eligible applicant pool”.
Has anybody else applied to Business Honors for Class of 2023 or earlier and received this kind of letter, is this a likely letter or are we reading too much into this.

@txmomager I think the letter means they have reviewed her stats and she meets their criteria. She’s now part of the group being considered for honors. Decisions are made on a rolling basis, so she should receive another letter with a final decision. Good luck!

https://mays.tamu.edu/bba-business-honors/application-requirements/

My daughter received the same letter for Business Honors (saying that she was automatically eligible). Any ideas on when they normally hear back?

I think the first acceptance notifications for last year’s applicants arrived in January. It’s anyone’s guess if this year will be the same or not :slight_smile:

I believe it is rolling decisions for Business Honors I saw a post on twitter that indicated some students have already received acceptance to this program, check this out -

Hi, This is my first post. My D received her letter today. Waiting to see what she decides.

@AggieMom68 Congratulations to your daughter! Would you mind sharing her stats and when she applied?

She applied sometime in early October. School doesn’t rank. NMSF, ACT=36, SAT Math II = 800. Strong leadership and voluntary services. Started her own profitable online retailing business too.

@AggieMom68 Congratulations to your daughter. My D17 also applied early October and was admitted to Mays on Oct 23rd but no decision yet from business honors, she is eagerly waiting…

Best wishes! I am sure she will hear from them soon. Best wishes!

When will be normal time to hear back from Mays Honor?

Waiting on the same about Mays Honor. I called and they said Jan, but I’m thinking some have already heard. Also, the website says Mays BHP is on a rolling basis, so I’m not sure why I’d have to wait until January.

Still didn’t hear anything …

Has anyone heard anything yet for Business Honors?

Based on posting on facebook page for TAMU business honors they are getting ready to mail out decision letters for business honors, expect to receive them end of this week or early next week.

If anyone receives this letter please post it here! Does the AIS/Howdy ever update somewhere or you have to wait for the snail mail?

I got into business honors today (received the snail mail packet)

Son didn’t get in. 1530 SAT, 34 ACT (36 Superscored), business incubator involvement, all-district 6A track and field. Pretty disgusted frankly. Oh, well, ags loss.

Mays only takes 1000 freshmen and the number taken for honors is a limited number as well. It is a very competitive and there are many, many high caliber students who do not get in as first semester freshmen. Business honors does allow for another try in spring of Freshman year. The number they take is also very small. A poster who was instrumental on the forum when my son 2020 was applying, had two children in Mays, one in Business Honors and an eventual son in law, stated that they take about 20 additional in Spring.

In reading past threads on the subject, there seemed to be several waves of letters, so if you haven’t heard back yet, more may be coming.

DD got a rejection letter yesterday, very disappointed with TAMU , only reason we applied was for the business honors program. I am not sure what they are looking for, their loss…pretty frustrated…