Business Major from CC

Demographics
US citizen

• State/Location of residency: PA
    (Current college for transfers): Medium to large community college
  • Gender/Race/Ethnicity (optional):
  • Other special factors (first generation to college, legacy, athlete, etc.):

**Intended Major(s): Business Administration (CC), Finance (transfer school)

GPA, Rank, and Test Scores

• College GPA (for transfers): 3.5-3.6

Coursework
(AP/IB/Dual Enrollment classes, AP/IB scores for high school; also include level of math and foreign language reached and any unusual academic electives; for transfers, describe your college courses and preparation for your intended major(s))
Gen Eds as well as standard business courses

Awards
Honors Program

Extracurriculars
(Include leadership, summer activities, competitions, volunteering, and work experience)
Honors Club, Rotaract Club (community service), Engineering Club, Honors Program

Essays/LORs/Other
(Optionally, guess how strong these are and include any other relevant information or circumstances.)

Cost Constraints / Budget
Full paying student

Schools
*(List of colleges by your initial chance estimate; designate if applying ED/EA/RD; if a scholarship is necessary for affordability, indicate that you are aiming for a scholarship and use the scholarship chance to estimate it into the appropriate group below)
UMiami, GW, Syracuse, Pitt, Northeastern, American, BU

First, you should change your site name - you used your true name and are easily identifiable. Change it to something anonymous.

I think that transfer to Pitt is possible, maybe U Miami, American, GW, Syracuse. I think it’s unlikely that you would be accepted by Northeastern or BU.

Does your community college have an articulated transfer agreement with a local 4 year college? Maybe Temple or your nearby Penn State branch campus? These could be safeties for you.

@amazingeli12

Please please change you screen name to something other than your real name…if this is your name. @CC_Jon @CC_Sorin

Also, can you please choose which of your two identical threads you would prefer to use?

You had a different thread - same thing. I wrote - you should look at their transfer/stats requirements online and at Common Data Set Section D for actual admission data.

I suspect you’ll be fine - but you might add U of Denver too looking at your others - and if you were interested in a Business only type school, both Bentley and Babson.

No way for me to chance you but I think the data will show you a story so you can chance yourself.

Best of luck.

Please go and talk to the transfer advisor at your CC. Find out where they have articulation agreements with four year colleges. Start there.

In addition to Babson and Bentley, you might want to take a look at Bryant in Rhode Island.

Hello all,
Currently I am a business administration major at a medium to large community college in PA. I struggled in high school and avoided being my best in high school. I believe that I learned my lesson.
My stats:
About to join the Honors Program (just waiting for professor approval)
3.5-3.6 GPA
Running for Student Government Senator, Engineering Club, Rotaract Club (community service), Honors Club
Worked in customer service

I am looking for preferably a private school OOS but am interested in evaluating all my options. I am a full paying student.

I want to be in a large city or in a suburb near a big city.

Schools I was looking at:
Pitt, GW, Syracuse, UMiami, American, Northeastern, BU (please comment if these are realistic)

Also, I am looking to transfer for fall 2024 so please give me advice.

I would look up their transfer profiles and requirements.

You can also look in common data set for each. Google common data set plus the school name. Section D is what you want.

If you know it’s business for sure, you might look at Babson and Bentley too. And U Denver.

Sounds like you’re doing great.

I can’t rate your chances but I’m sure you can after looking at the transfer pages and data from the CDS.

Best of luck.

1 Like

You made two threads. Ask the moderator for them to be consolidated. And anonymize your sign on name.

I strongly agree with Babson & Bentley. I would also look at NYU. They take a lot of transfers every year. A lot. They are still very selective - only 22% accepted lat year - but they’re worth a shot.

Thank you mod team for merging these!

@skieurope any chance these two threads can be merged?

Done. Threads merged.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.