Business Majors already closed?

<p>I was filling out my application and when choosing the major for different campuses, I encountered a problem. It said that
Riverside’s business administration major was closed and then at Santa Barbara, their business economics major was closed. I am confused because you aren’t even able to send in your application yet, so how is it possible these majors are closed?</p>

<p>Apparently the business major at UCR is off limits unless you’re a junior/senior transfer student. And the business economics major is the only major off limits for freshman students. </p>

<p>Visit this link to see other majors that are closed at each UC:
[University</a> of California - Admissions](<a href=“http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/apply/apply_majors.html]University”>http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/apply/apply_majors.html)</p>

<p>If you want to major in business, I would suggest looking up some CSUs as well. :]</p>

<p>Power of One, what is that supposed to mean? That you can only qualify for a Business Major if you are a junior/senior? Because I am an incoming freshman hoping to get into UCR, possibly majoring in Business. I can still major in Business, right?</p>

<p>It means business major is not a direct admit. You have to fullfill your pre-req and maintain a certain gpa before admitted into business major. While in CSU, business is a direct admit that you can declare in freshman.</p>

<p>Is this the first year this is implemented for UCs because last year a friend of mine go accepted into business at Berkley Haas but this year the business majors are closed at berkley. Also if I intend to major in business what should my major be, Undeclared or Economics?</p>

<p>You cannot enter Haas as a Frosh, (and have not been able to for decades). Haas is transfer-in only, whether that be from a juco or other college at Cal, such as Letters & Science or Engineering.</p>

<p>chevellekid, for Cal, choose “Undeclared-Pre-business”. Your friend must be admitted as “PRE-business”. That’s not a guarantee to be admiitted in Hass in junior year. In fact, only 50% of berkeley students admitted into Hass in the past.</p>