Business program at Blinn, transferring to Mays

Hi everyone,
I’m here to seek advice from current Blinn students with business/accounts/finance majors who aim to get transferred to Mays.
Background- my student did highschool in Houston at a great public school. His prior education is from India. His SAT 1360 and GP 3.6/4.0
He is finding it hard to see himself maintaining a 3.8 at Blinn. Also, not being able to beca part of clubs/extra curriculars, will these 2 years be worthwhile? After putting enough efforts and sacrificing the fun in being college, will he still have to catch up course in junior year at Mays.
We all are quite confused, and hope to help him find his way. He’s a smart kid, but now scared of the risks involved.

@IndHousbur please clarify-is your son going straight Blinn College, or has he been admitted to Blinn TEAM? Two completely separate things.
Is currently at Blinn, or high school class of ‘23?

1 Like

If a straight transfer then 3.8 probably wont be enough. What does he want to do with his business degree? Asking because there could be other majors that will afford him the same opportunities post grad. Or if finance, he can even do a concurrent masters program through Mays.

Let me know if you want to talk through options.

1 Like

Blinn TEAM

Its through the Blinn TEAM.
My bad, i missed that important mention.

Lol no worries. But yes 3.8 is a tough gpa to get guaranteed admission but it is doable.

1 Like

That’s great! While he won’t be able to join any Mays specific clubs or orgs, he can have a Sports Pass, live on campus (assuming he paid Housing deposit prior to March 1), can rush fraternities, etc.
He will absolutely have to maintain a 3.8 in both Blinn and A&M classes, if he wants to change majors into Mays. No wiggle room there.

1 Like

Appreciate your answers.
Doing a summer school at a local community College will help in credits( adjustment towards 60hrs) but does it help in the GPA calculation too?

1 Like

@IndHousbur only classes taken at A&M count towards gpa, but all classes taken anywhere appear on transcript. The TEAM program requires 3.8+ at both Blinn and A&M.
The TEAM program is very specific on how many hours must be taken at A&M and at Blinn; hours taken elsewhere won’t count towards the required Blinn hours.

1 Like