Buying a Mac at VT

<p>If I buy a mac from VT, would I still get the student discount and $100 off select printers?</p>

<p>You get the student discount but not the $100 off the printer. However you do get the bookstore’s repair service and up to 4 years of Apple Care (usually you can only get 3). The repair service allows you to get a loaner in case the repair may take a couple of days.</p>

<p>Don’t buy a Mac if you never used a Mac or if your an engineering major. Although you can get by with one, there’s no point and a lot of compatibility problems with the software bundles. I’ve dealt with a lot of mac issues new students had at VT support last year. If you get one, make sure you can run Windows on it as well. </p>

<p>If you are in architecture or graphic design a Mac may be a good choice. If your not in any of those, then it’s really your preference. Mac’s are actually pretty popular at VT more so every year especially among liberal arts and business majors.</p>

<p>I don’t have a Mac but have used one very often. And I’m a biology major with business minor. But i know you can dual boot windows on it so I’ll be fine if there are any software issues. </p>

<p>I decided to buy from apple so I can get the $100 off printer (free printer if you buy the $99 one) too. I would love to buy from VT so I can have the repair service just in case. </p>

<p>Has anybody had any experience convincing VT to give them the printer rebate? :)</p>

<p>They do give the printer rebate, but rather than giving you a selection of printers they just give you one for free. I said earlier that they didn’t however they weren’t advertising it at the time. You now get the $100 printer rebate, student discount, warranty and repair service, and the $100 Mac App Store certificate.</p>

<p>Wow that’s an amazing deal then! Thank you so much! I was just about to order my MacBook too.</p>