Buying tickets for New Orleans

<p>Since there’s a good chance Bama will be playing in NOLA, in either the BCS or the Sugar Bowl, wondering if students will be able to purchase tickets to either game.</p>

<p>When and how will those tickets go on sale?</p>

<p>Thanks for any info!</p>

<p>The BCS is sold out, but the Sugar Bowl has tickets available. I was wondering if students are offered the chance to buy tickets to the Sugar Bowl through the school, rather than through Ticketmaster.</p>

<p>I’m, of course, hoping that Bama goes to the Sugar Bowl, if not the BCS.</p>

<p>And if they do go to the BSC, since there are no tickets available for that game, will Bama students not be able to purchase tickets to the game, except through eBay and other “nonsanctioned” sources?</p>

<p>We are hoping for a Bama-LSU rematch down here. I think there will be an awful lot of red in the stands.</p>

<p>There are a set amount of BCS tickets designated to the two schools facing each other for student tickets. So yes, if we are selected to play in the BCS students will have the option to buy. Of course the option is based on seniority. The student ticket for the BCS game in Pasadena a few years ago was $200 and you had to pick it up at the Rose Bowl so that pretty much eliminated the possibility of selling the ticket to another student.</p>

<p>As long as we’re on the topic, a little something to keep the juices flowing (as though we really need any help). [LSU</a>, Alabama atop BCS standings after weekend of upsets  - NCAA Football - SI.com](<a href=“http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/11/20/bcs.standings.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a11&eref=sihp]LSU”>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/11/20/bcs.standings.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a11&eref=sihp)</p>

<p>Each University will likely get 16,000 tickets. Of that, usually 10% are made available to students. It will probably go by hours earned, but it’s possible they may do a full blown lottery and pick 1600 students randomly. </p>

<p>Face value of the tickets range from $300 - $350 (depending on seat location). And the lucky students will most likely pick up their ticket in New Orleans and have to show their student id along with it to get in the game. This will weed out those that just want to scalp for a profit.</p>

<p>I keep hearing that the “BCS doesn’t have an appetite for a rematch” can they really just say- we want to see OK State or VT in the game? Some pundit actually said “we don’t want to see another soccer game”.</p>

<p>No, there are over 170 voters combined between the human polls (Harris & Coaches) that account for 2/3 of the BCS standings. The other 1/3 is the computer ranking which is an average of 6 computer polls. The computer poll criteria is set in stone and isn’t subject to change each week.</p>

<p>So there is no “BCS person” that controls things. It’s a combination of over 200 people and 6 computer formulas. </p>

<p>Sure one voter can say “I don’t want Bama in the game” and vote us #3 or lower but those things tend to balance themselves out. With the loses by Ok St, Oregon, and Oklahoma last weekend there is really no one out there that can jump us as long as we win out. Despite the wishes of a few talking heads.</p>

<p>There is really only ONE scenario where we could get screwed. And that is if Arkansas beats LSU and the polls move Arkansas to #1 and only drop LSU to #2 thus moving us down to #3. I can’t see it happening but there is a possibility. Even then Arkansas would have to beat UGA in the SEC championship for us to get left out of the BCSCG.</p>

<p>So we root for LSU on Friday and Bama on Saturday. If both win then we are a LOCK for the BCSCG.</p>