'C' Junior year?

<p>Are my chances getting into a UC (Davis/Irvine/San Diego) totally ruined by a first semester ‘C’ in math analysis first semester junior year? The rest of my grades are good (mostly As). I know that there’s a lot more to admissions than just grades, but does getting that C significantly decrease my odds at getting accepted?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>My twin brother graduates this year.
He got consistent C’s in high school math.
From 6th grade on, until this year (Senior year–UCs didn’t see his As =P)
But, he took decently hard classes (IB Curriculum, plus extra APs) and did well in the rest of his courses.
He got a decent SAT–2110, and strong subject tests–800 and 760.</p>

<p>He got into UCI, UCSB, and UCD.
He did not get in to UCSD, but we found out that based on their admissions, if he had taken one more A-G course at any point in high school, he would have gotten in.</p>

<p>So…yes, you can get into these schools, even with *multiple *C’s on your transcript.
Do well in your other classes and tests.
Take lots of courses.
Don’t stress.</p>

<p>You’ll be fine. Just try to do better next semester. I got one C too and I got into UCD, UCSB, and Cal. My best friend got three C’s and got into all of th UC’s except Cal and UCLA. Don’t worry about it too much and just do your best.</p>

<p>I got two Cs in my high school career, other than that my grades were As and Bs. My test scores were slightly lower (SAT 2100, subjects 700/740). I was accepted into UCSD and UCSB and rejected from Davis. Didn’t apply to Irvine. My best guess is you will either get into Davis or SD.</p>

<p>I got into davis with multiple C’s and one D on my transcript. But they were all in hard class… AP Calc mostly. So don’t worry…</p>

<p>I got two C’s in calculus and I got into UCSD</p>