Cal Grant

<p>I was awarded Cal Grant B for UCSD while i got Cal Grant A for UCI and UCSB. I’ve always heard that Cal Grant B was the better one since usually the college pays for the discrepancy of Cal Grant B compared to Cal Grant A for the first year. Why did i get Cal Grant A for UCI and UCSB?</p>

<p>If you qualify for Cal Grant B at one campus, you qualify at all of them. I’ve noticed some campuses seem to put down Cal Grant A for frosh despite the better deal that Cal Grant B is. I have my speculations as to why, but they are of no importance here.</p>

<p>Anywho, you can request to be changed to Cal Grant B at the other campuses since you qualify for both.</p>

<p>I just wish my preliminary award notice would’ve included it as cal grant B so i know how much extra aid the campus would’ve given me.</p>

<p>I posted this question on the UCI forums, but I was wondering if we change our Cal Grant A to Cal Grant B, would the UCI grant go up to match the loss of the Cal Grant A or would I have to pay the difference? I got Cal Grant B at UCSD so I’m not sure why UCI gave me A instead.</p>