Cal Poly 2022 chances of acceptance

Yo! Cal Poly is my top choice. I want to be a veterinarian, but chose agriculture business as my major in hopes of higher chances of getting in. My CSU GPA was a 3.7 when I applied, but I got a 3.5 my first semester of senior year and idk how much that will affect the GPA. I worked with an outside counselor and she advised me taking English 1A at a community college to increase my chances, which I got a B+ in. I got a 27 on the ACT and a 1230 on the SAT and completed the desired work and volunteer hours. I also took every desired and required course. I can’t wait any longer to find out if I got in, so I thought getting some feedback would help me be a little less crushed if I am not admitted. Thank you and (hopefully) go Mustangs!

I presume you mean SLO not, Pomona. Unlike the other CSUs, they look a at a little more than just your CSU GPA nad SAT/ACT so, it is hard to be certain but, both your GPA and SAT are below last year’s average. I’d say the odds are 80/20 against you. Pomona on the other hand, would likely admit you.

I hope you prove me wrong.

yikes not what I wanted to hear but yeah I applied to both. I do too!

https://admissions.calpoly.edu/prospective/profile.html
here are the stats from last year’s admissons

I GOT IN! GO MUSTANGS!

Wow, Congrats!

Congrats! In what major did you apply?
Do you know if they have released all acceptances?

Did they send you an email or was it noted on your portal?

did u end up getting in? @Ryangaly

My college counselor said they have only accepted 4000 of 80,000 applicants but more of my friends found out today. My major is Ag Business

Yes they let me know in my portal only

Yup!

Congratulations, Ryangaly! My son has also applied to both Cal Polys, but he hasn’t heard anything yet. I check his portal multiple times a day. His intended major is Mechanical Engineering - highly impacted from what I understand. His stats are:3.6 GPA (according to Fullerton where he was accepted "with distinction)
1320 SAT
28 ACT Composite
4200 EI (According to Fullerton)
In State

Fullerton is his 4th choice. We’re waiting to hear from the Cal Polys and SDSU. Thoughts anyone?

Those grades and ACT seem low for engineering, but who knows? I got accepted to SLO Thursday (on the portal) and received an email Friday. My friend’s was posted on Friday, so it seems like its rolling out slowly. I had a slightly higher GPA and way higher ACT (33) and still waiting to hear from SDSU and various UC’s, and also am in less impacted major (in the liberal arts).

@Ryangaly Congrats on getting in!!! Can you let me know why your college counselor advised you to take English 1A over the summer? Curious as to why this would help your chances.

@ccrider5 English 1A is a required course at most colleges, and taking this course before college shows that 1. you are capable of doing well in a college course and 2. Cal Poly won’t have to pay for me to take the class and 3. helps bump up your CSU GPA. Lots of good reasons

Ayyy Congrats!! I got in too!

@UCIvyL sweet are you gonna go?

Not sure though I’m still waiting for UCs

@UCIvyL what major?