Cal Poly Class of 2022 Thread

It’s sunday, so I’m not getting my hopes up @xafl134

@xafl134 It always makes me smile when I see you post this. Can’t tell if you’re joking. OOS acceptances seem to happen on a Thursday at CP and Friday for in state.

I’m literally praying so hard that decisions come out this week.

@venm1337 honestly wishing for a CHP early admit to UCI down here in SoCal, but a thumbs up or down from CP would be a welcomed consolation prize.

Prediction: decisions come out at midnight tonight

@xafl134 That would be awesome. $5 if your prediction is correct!

I bet this Thursday 2/15.

I’m going to have a heart attack when I see 30 notifications on this thread.

Yeah my bet is still gonna be on decisions coming out this thursday for OOS, and this friday for in-state. As much as I would like for it to happen, I don’t see any likelihood of decisions coming out on a national holiday.

@venm1337 my kids have 2 3 day weekends in a row but looks like next Monday is official holiday, not tomorrow. I just don’t see CP breaking tradition, as much as we may wish they would!

around what time do decisions get released? 5PM Pacific?

@Lauren1272 If this year is like years past, they’ll start updating portals around 10:30 AM Pacific time. Out-of-state on day 1, then in-state on days 2 and 3. OOS is in a seemingly random order, but in-state tends to release by college, but there’s really no order to which college goes first. After the first 3 days, acceptances trail off (with a bump about 3 days later due to people finding out via email rather than checking their portal), and after about a week or so waitlist notifications will start. A couple weeks after that the rejections come out. There will be a few acceptances here and there throughout. Acceptances stop around 5 or so every day, and they never release over the weekend. So if we start late in the week, there will be the agonizing 3-day weekend to contend with.

Pure speculation, but I feel like this year will be like 2016 (which also followed an over-enrolled year) and they will make more use of the waitlist than is normal…so I think this year the chances of getting accepted off the waitlist will be better than normal.

GUYS! I checked my application status just now and I got in to their architecture program!

@StateofLimbo I call BS

@StateofLimbo International? OOS? Instate?

International from Canada. You can call BS all u want IDGAF!! IM IN WOOOOHHHH

This is the message that shows up on my application status:
Congratulations, you have been selected for admission to Cal Poly pending your meeting the following Terms and Conditions. Click on the link for further information. Terms and Conditions

@StateofLimbo Canada is International, not OOS haha, but Congratulations I’m happy for you! Looks like we are going for the same major!

@droosif Yeah too shook to write :stuck_out_tongue: I edited it. Hope you get in! My SAT was not that high (1370) and my gpa is pretty average in my school.

@StateofLimbo Thank you! I’m praying I get in!

We are about the same for SAT, 29 ACT, 3.9 Cal Poly GPA, Work (12 Hours), Many EC (21+), Varsity Cross Country and Track all four years, and a lot more stuff, internships, competitions, etc…

Architecture Major In-State, my MCA is 4486.

Congrats on your acceptance, @StateofLimbo. We’ve seen several international acceptances. Great to see that Cal Poly is recognized worldwide.