Cal Poly Class of 2026 Freshman Waitlist Discussion

My son is on the waitlist for industrial technology and there has been no change in his waitlist status.

1 Like

My oos son also has heard no word from the waitlist, computer engineering.

Weird coincidence
my daughter is also on the waitlist for Industrial Technology, and our family name is also Davis. Hope they don’t get us confused :wink:

I have twins on waitlist for computer science nothing for either of them yet

Yes my son is on waitlist for computer engineering, oos, and he has heard nothing yet.

waitlisted for m engineering. havent heard anything. Anyone get off a engineering waitlist yet?

Has anyone gotten off waitlist for any major since May 1st?

I don’t believe anyone has been accepted off the waitlist yet

A few people have said on this post they got off the waitlist.

I could be mistaken, but I do believe they got off the waitlist “before” May 1st.
I don’t believe they have accepted anyone after though.

Correct – no one here since May 1. Additionally, no one on my son’s ZeeMe chat either. Just a very tiny sprinkling in mid/late April.

Sounds like very, very few pulls from the waitlist for Cal Poly SLO.

There was an article in the slo tribune this week with data on admissions. It does not seem like they will be pulling much from waitlist especially in impacted majors Engineering cs etc

Thank you everyone for the update, my son will be disappointed.

UCSC, Berkeley, & Cal Poly SLO all haven’t pulled from their waitlist as of
May 1st. That doesn’t mean they won’t though. Both Cal Poly SLO & Cal Poly Pomona pulled from waitlist a little before May 1st. Most likely there will be movement and more students pulled.

4 Likes

could u possibly link it?

Cal Poly SLO has not pulled from their waitlist as it is becoming more competitive each year along with top UCs. Here is the list of Hardest Colleges to Get Into in California in 2022 from niche. The list seems more accurate for ranking colleges in California.

https://www.n****.com/colleges/search/hardest-to-get-in/s/california/

1 Like

As published in The Tribune (SLO) dated May 26, 2022 following are 10 programs at Cal Poly with percentage of acceptance for fall 2022 for freshman only.

1. Psychology: 1.9%
  2. Computer science: 3.1%
  3. Software engineering: 3.6%
  4. Marine sciences: 3.7%
  5. Aerospace engineering: 4.2%
  6. Kinesiology: 4.3%
  7. Biological sciences: 4.3%
  8. Political science: 5.5%
  9. Biochemistry: 5.6%
  10. Art & design: 6.0%

The Tribune publishes a similar article every year. I don’t believe those are acceptance rates.

For example, according to SLO’s enrollment projections, Psychology has a target enrollment of 71 students for 3,700 applicants, which is 1.9%. The number you have listed above. However, in order to get roughly 71 students to enroll, they’ll probably accept/admit 3x +/- that number.

So, we just don’t know. acceptance rates by major. SLO doesn’t give us the info.

2 Likes

Got it.
CalPoly has published First-Year Student Profile. All ranges represent the middle 50% of first-year students admitted for Fall 2022. Overall Acceptance Rate 2022 : 29 %

@sharmaJi @sushiritto @Gumbymom Cal Poly publishes yield by college, not by major. If you go to https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/institutional.research8860/viz/CalPolyAdmissionsDashboards/AppliedSelectedEnrolled_SelectionYieldRates , select Student Type: FTF for First Time Freshman and then College for the yield rates for 2021 and older. I’m not sure when 2022 yield rate data will be pushed to correlate with the First Year Student Profile that you posted.