Cal Poly Class of 2027 - Invitation for Art/design portfolio

We were wondering if Cal Poly has already sent invitation for portfolio submissions for those applying for art/design?

My daughter hasn’t heard anything yet either. I believe they send you an email either way.

They’ll either ask you to submit a portfolio or let you know that you weren’t invited to submit. As far as I can tell though, those invites have usually gone out by now in previous years. Perhaps they are a little later this year. We’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

Thank you! Our daughter heard nothing so far and was wondering if she was simply not invited to submit her portfolio. I do hope they inform the candidates even if they are not invited. The wait continues. Good luck!

2 Likes

Any update from everyone?

I called the admissions office today and they told me that they are running behind and that those invitations have NOT gone out yet.

Thank you for the info!

Still no invite here, anyone else? Surprised they are waiting so long. From what I understand, you should know either way (whether you will be asked to send or not).

We called admission yesterday and were told invitations were NOT sent yet and are planned to go out soon. No exact date they could provide.

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you ~

My daughter received her invitation to submit a portfolio tonight. Hope everyone is contacted soon.

1 Like

My daughter just received her invitation as well this evening.

I received my invitation today, but slideroom says there isn’t a program available to apply to. should I email the art and design department or wait it out?

1 Like

I hope my dd receives an invite…

1 Like

Daughter recieved the invite as well. Good luck.

1 Like

I don’t think slide room will be ready to use until today. According to the email, it opens on February 13. Here’s what point 3 said on my daughter’s email:

1. Know the time period for submitting your portfolio.**
    Portfolio submission begins Monday, February 13, and the submission deadline is Wednesday, March 1, at 11:59pm PST.

Anyone know how many students are invited to submit a portfolio? My son got invited to submit his and just curious if anyone has anymore information on stats.

Thanks!

Based on other Cal Poly 2027 thread, it looks like Cal Poly acceptances have started trickling out. I’m guessing that decisions for art will be later (maybe 3/24 or later) since portfolio submission requests were much later than accepted. Anyone hear anything since submission?

1 Like

My daughter has not heard anything since submitting her portfolio. Today her advisor did say that Art majors may still be awhile. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

For those still on this thread - check your portals! My D23 just received her acceptance (art major) this afternoon. Good luck to all!

1 Like