Cal Poly Graphic Communication

Anyone have any insight as to how difficult it is to get into Cal Poly as a Graphic Comm major? TIA!

With 4.17 weighted GPA and 1250 SAT

Your weighted GPA of 4.17 is your Cal Poly GPA? SLO uses 9-11th grades with cap of 8 semesters of extra honors points for UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE courses. Use the CSU GPA calculator and include your 9th grades.

SAT is on the low side based on the overall profile for the College of Liberal arts.
Average SLO GPA: 4.04 Average SAT: 1355

The 2018 SLO projections for Graphic communications was 65 spots for 308 applicants. Since SLO does not post their major yield, the acceptance rate is hard to determine. They will accept more applicants than spots available since not all accepted applicants will enroll.

what about with a csu gpa of 3.96 and a 1310 sat??

@hbankhead: It is considered rude on CC to hijack another posters thread. If you have questions or want to be chanced, you need to start your own thread and you need to calculate your MCA points.

@Gumbymom Thanks for the info. With freshman grades she’s at 4.07. We are working on test scores. Do you know if they prefer ACT over SAT? I’ve heard that but not sure how much of a difference it makes. She’s taking the ACT this spring to see how it goes.

They accept either. No preference.

@kikiob, there are limited opportunities to take standardized tests. Rather than dedicating a weekend that might compete for an SAT sitting, she can do an online diagnostic test to see which one suits her.

https://www.satactdiagnostic.com/

@eyemgh Thanks. She did do a mock test (it was through a local company that offers tutoring) and she did better on the SAT. However, I’m not sure how accurate the mock test was in terms of scoring, and we thought it would be worth 4 hours to see an official score. Also registered for a second SAT in March. On the PSAT in October she got a score 100 points higher than her November SAT, so I think there is room for growth. Fingers crossed.Thanks!