Cal Poly or SDSU

Hi,
So recently I found out I got into both Cal Poly and SDSU. I am getting nervous because I really like both of them and I’m eventually going to have to make a decision. All I want to know is what experiences people have had with these colleges. I don’t really want to be told which college I should go too. Both colleges have aspects I really like and I want to know what things people like about Cal Poly and SDSU.

Intended major? We you accepted to SDSU’s Honors college? Career plans/goals?

What did you like about each campus and did you visit both?

My intended major is International Business at SDSU and political science at Cal Poly. I’m also between the majors because I love business but I also have a passion for politics. I didn’t end up applying to SDSU’s honors college because I got my acceptance letter the day betfore the deadline. I visited both campuses and I loved them both. I like that SDSU is near the city because I’ve never lived in a city before, but Cal Poly felt comfortable and not overwhelming.

Both are great schools, so I would go with your gut and pick the school the “fits” you academically/socially and financially. I know that SDSU’s International Business program is highly regarded. Not to knowledgeable about Political Science at SLO. Being in a bigger city might be an advantage for your area of study.

Are you waiting for any other school decisions?

I applied to other colleges, but these were my top 2 and I really like both of these schools.

Experienced with both and SDSU definitely has more of a commuter vibe to it. This can be off set at any campus by joining a sorority or fraternity or some other type of close knit club. At Cal Poly you don’t really need to do this as it already has a tight knit community whether you find your people in your dorms, classes, etc. But remember this should only be a small part of the decision. ultimately it “should” come down to decided your major and passion.

I’m in the same situation, but I applied for business administration at Cal Poly and SDSU. I’m going to tour both and then decide :slight_smile: