Cal Poly Pomona Official Thread Class of 2027

Agree, especially for impacted engineering majors!

Do you think it’s already too late for my incoming freshman to get a spot in the new dorm. We haven’t done the housing application since we’re still trying to decide where he’s going to SIR.

I cannot answer but if you do not apply soon, there may be no spots anywhere. The deposit is refundable so worth applying if no decision has been made.

1 Like

My unverified opinion is NO it is not too late. They say it’s required for freshman to live on campus next year, and they haven’t even finished with admissions. Best answer is going to come from housing@cpp.edu

2 Likes

I wanted to apply for housing and can’t because there’s no decision! The application just says error- we can’t sign in. Just praying for a good result at this point.

Within the last 2 hours, D’s status on CPP portal has changed from “application received” to “admission review”. She has applied for Comp Sci. I assume this means we will have a decision soon…at this point just need sense of closure for CPP, Cal Poly and UCR. They sure are trying our patience.

1 Like

So we visited CPP today, plus CSU LB. He has been accepted at CPP in Feb and we applied for housing as soon as it opened 3/1 at 7.30am. He loved CPP so much he didn’t want to visit UCR (we haven’t heard back from them yet). We have 100pct decided when we get home tomorrow (we live in Oakland) we are accepting CPP. He is doing Physics. We applied for housing but didn’t put deposit down as when I called the housing they said it would make no diff if you put the deposit down on 3/1 just get your app in. We also visited SLO but we haven’t heard. We also got rejection from UCSB so we didn’t visit that. More later on what we loved but CPP just felt right. I am over the moon that the decision has been made. He did get accepted to 8 other CSU and UC Merced. But again here we come CPP :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

4 Likes

I just checked CPP portal. Yes it changed from “applicaiton received” to " admission review" and comes with last update date 3/24. My son has applied for ME. Looks like impacted majors take longer time since too much student applied. As the admission office said, it will be all done before the end of march which is next Friday.

2 Likes

@HSSeniorDaddy Where do you see the last updated date?

Below the bottom of the message at the right hand side.

1 Like

Still no update for my ME applicant :frowning: Just received with date 11/5. Maybe soon! This gives me hope someone else got an update! Thanks for posting!!

Son was accepted for ME major on 2/1. He was admitted by UCLA last Friday. It took us a while to figure out how to do a withdraw. We hope the seat goes to an applicant still waiting.
Best wishes!

4 Likes

Our portal hasn’t changed. Still says “application received“ so I’m assuming we’re the last batch which would be rejections. Hopefully those of you that see the change will be getting happy news!!! :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

Not necessary, I heard that Pomona will keep admitting until the end of March. Also, did you apply for alternate major. I heard both CPP and UCR will consider alternate major as well. Good luck!

Yes we did list a non impacted alternate major for CPP… let’s see!

2 Likes

I haven’t heard of CPP choice. Thanks for posting about it. Was your son waitlisted for CS or rejected? What was his alternate major? Just wondering if alternate was impacted as well.

He was rejected for CS but was offered acceptance for Business - CIS (his alt major), and two other “semi-technical” majors. None of the majors he was offered through CPP choice were impacted. We visited the campus last week and really liked it. We also visited Sac State (also very good campus), SF State (great location and good campus, excellent dorms) and Fresno State (overall meh - off the list) recently. He was directly admitted to CS for those programs and a handful of other CSUs + ASU so he’s trying to sort out his decisions over the next 2-3 weeks!

3 Likes

Congratulations on the decision and being done! We’ve still got Fullerton and ASU visits and then its decision time on this end too! Can’t wait to be done lol.

2 Likes

So after all this wait (which still can’t figure out why) - my son finally received word today from CPP. He was offered CPP choice. He applied as a CS major and similar to yours, was provided 3 options via CPP Choice, one of which includes Bus Adm -CIS. Just started looking at the program. We had never even considered the CIS route. Any thoughts about the program? I don’t see any cross over in classes between the CIS and CS programs. Possibility to minor in CS?

He’s got direct CS accepts: UCSC, CSULB, CSUF, a few other CSUs and great OOS (although on the East Coast).
Waitlisted: UCD, UCSD, UCI

The CIS program is geared more towards business. If your student has a direct admit into CS and that is the preferred major, then there is no reason to consider CPP as an option. My nephew switched from Physics to CIS at CPP and is considering a minor but getting the classes as a Non-CS major is proving to be difficult so he would need to be flexible.

1 Like