Cal Poly Pomona Official Thread Class of 2027

Agree lovely campus.

1 Like

I agree on visiting the campus. I think people are turned off by the idea that CPP is in Pomona proper. Although the address is in Pomona, the campus has a nice, peaceful, very college campus feel. We spoke to someone who works in Safety at Admitted Students day, and she said students have no reason to go to the city of Pomona, they instead will go to Claremont, or other neighboring towns. On the tour, we were told housing is guaranteed for freshman, but it is not guaranteed in the freshman dorms, so if they don’t have space in the freshman dorms they will house them in suites which are also on campus.

1 Like

for people who were accepted off of waitlist, did the accept button pop up for you guys ? I cant seem to find a place to accept my offer

The email my son got said to wait two days to be able to accept.

1 Like

Hi guys I have a question why does my financial aid for cpp say this :sob: i put it on my fafsa the school and everything and for other schools I already received my financial aid but for some reason for cpp it says I have no package available and that everything is zero …

CPP may have not gotten all the FA packages completed for the waitlisted students. I would contact the FA office to find out when your FA will be available so you can make an informed decision.

1 Like

We were just there and asked about this. They said financial aid packages will go out tomorrow morning.

1 Like

How was your visit?

1 Like

It was good. We did the official tour last year. My husband hadn’t seen the campus and I wanted my son to get another look. We all like the campus and think it might be a better school for my son than where he already committed. He hasn’t decided for sure yet but hopefully as soon as possible.

We visited the campus for the first time today. We were amazed at the food options and student amenities in the Student Center, especially for a smaller school. I would dare say that in these regards Pomona was better than all of the schools we have visited between our two kids the last three years. We are bit let down by the freshman dorms, especially since they are near some abandoned looking buildings. On the other hand, the newer apartments and cafeteria looked very impressive. Overall, my daughter liked how neat and orderly the campus looked and the overall mellow vibe, which fits her personality. Not sure which way she is leaning at this point, but I for one left impressed.

1 Like

The new tall dorms are also for freshman. But I’m not sure how likely it is to get into one of them at this point. I believe you can register for housing with no commitment once you have an offer. So it’s probably a good idea to sign up so at least she’s in the queue even if she hasn’t decided.

Thank you. I just read that we can indeed apply for housing without paying the $450 fee immediately. We will do it today.

1 Like

We visited the campus again on Saturday just to be sure…my kid is now committed to CPP. We are pretty happy since she is pre-vet so CPP is a great fit academically. Added bonus is that she will only be 1 hour from home so far enough away but not too far. Super relieved to have this process complete…unless she gets off SLO waitlist… :wink:

1 Like

Has she heard anything from SLO?

Still nothing…not holding my breath.

1 Like

Same. My son is also pre-vet and finally committed to CPP, he had already fallen in love with Fresno and took him a bit to change.
I dont think he would move even if SLO comes through after seeing him struggle emotionally with making this recent change.

2 Likes

My daughter actually said the same thing to me. I think she is drained over the process and just wants to put it behind her. On the bright side, CPP is definitely a pretty good choice for our pre-vet kids. Congrats to your son for committing.

2 Likes

Freshman housing has posted fyi. Log in and check the housing portal.

Ugh my kid got waitlisted for housing. She is around #100 so I am not sure of her odds of getting housing. We live far enough away where commuting would not make sense. Needless to say we are scrambling to figure out what to do about housing now.

Some have suggested on the parent FB page to call the housing office and make sure they know you are out of the area. I’ve also read that there is a lot of movement on the list so 100 is not beyond hope. Lots of local kids sign up for housing and then cancel to live at home.