Cal Poly Pomona Official Thread Class of 2027

Thanks for this info about the CSU/UC gpa! I got that number from his school’s grade site, though I do remember my son saying he got a different calculation when he input his grades on the applications. I’ll ask him about it. It’s good to know about the cap. I wish all these systems would align!

1 Like

Son was accepted today by email!
Local area, Mechanical engineering major, 4.0UW GPA (I don’t remember his CSU GPA but it would be close to the highest possible).

Yesterday he was eating lunch with a large group of friends and one of them received an acceptance email from Cal Poly Pomona. All the other kids–a passel of high achievers–quickly checked their emails :grinning: (no luck for the rest of them at that point).

1 Like

Accepted: Mechanical Engineering.
CA resident, northern Cal
GPA: 3.95 UW, CSU calculated 4.33,
school has no AP, 5 honors 10-11th grade, 4 more senior year
Application was submitted on 11/27
Email notification today 2/1 6:30pm

Son admitted Aerospace Engineering GPA 4.18 from the Bay Area 5 AP/ honors

Daughter finally received email with video at 11:30pm last night. :clap:

2 Likes

D23 accepted last night Civil Engineering, Environmental emphasis, 4.17 CSU gpa.

3 Likes

Admitted today to Computer Science

In-state but out of local area

Unweighted 4.0 CSU GPA 4.36

3 Likes

Son was admitted to Computer Science and he got email yesterday evening.

In-state but from Bay Area

CSU GPA 4.31

3 Likes

Son was accepted to Chemical Engineering. He received the email last night as well.

In-state from OC
CSU GPA 4.0
Lots of ECs, 3 dual enrollment classes, 2 APs, several honors classes

3 Likes

Son was admitted two days ago.

Non-local CA resident.
Physics
CSU GPA: 4.1
9 APs

2 Likes

Niece got in for ChemE.
OOS.
3.97 UW, 4.28 CSU GPA
6APs

4 Likes

Daughter admitted
Animal Health Science
Academic GPA 3.8581
CA but we live in a different county

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with CSU GPA. Is that something she can look up on her common app?

The CSU GPA is found on her CSU application. The Cal states have their own application and do not use the Common Application.

Here is the CSU GPA calculator if you want to calculate it rather than looking it up.

1 Like

I believe when using the Cal State app it will calculate the CSU GPA after you fill in the A-G section.

2 Likes

FYI, application numbers are up 11% this year.

2 Likes

Has anyone OOS receuved an acceptance? We are OOS and have not heard yet. My son was accepted to SDSU last month and we are now anxiously awaiting the rest of the CA schools.

2 OOS admits posted.
Admitted Computer Engineering OOS 4.08 CSU GPA 27 years a-g

Niece got in for ChemE.
OOS.
3.97 UW, 4.28 CSU GPA
6APs

2 Likes

Is there any way to know how many acceptances have been sent out in the past week? My daughter is anxiously awaiting (I admit I am a little more anxious). CCP seems to be a safety/target for a lot of students, so I imagine a waitlist would move, but would be nice to know earlier.

You will not find any data on how many students have been admitted until all the decisions have been posted.
For all the Cal states, the decisions are rolling so the early admits are either local (in service area) applicants or higher stat applicants and decisions will continue to be posted until April 1. Patience is required when it comes to the Cal States.

Best of luck to your D.

2 Likes