Cal Poly Pomona Official Thread Class of 2027

Yes, overall and no CSU’s break out waitlist stats by major, school etc…
Waitlist admits vary year to year depending upon how many students enroll by May 1.

1 Like

Congrats with SDSU!

1 Like

Has anyone heard from CPP this week?

See post #55 on 2/14.

1 Like

Son’s status says “Admission denied- not CSU eligible”. He has been accepted to SJSU for civil engineering. Does this meen he didn’t get into CPP because he didn’t meet the eligibility index for the major or he didnt meet the minimum CSU requirements?

3 Likes

This means that the applicant did not meet the CSU requirements. Since your son has been admitted to another CSU campus, I would contact admissions immediately. This message was a glitch in their system in 2019 and several applicants got the same message.

Also verify that all Senior classes In-progress and Planned were reported especially English on the CSU application. This happened to a co-workers son whom did get admission at Sac State, had forgotten to list his Senior English class 2nd semester but denied at CSU Long Beach. How it was overlooked at Sac state is not known.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the info! We contacted the admissions office and were told that a Counselor will reach out to us tomorrow. Hoping for the best!

2 Likes

I got the same message on my application status, it stated “Admission denied- not CSU eligible”. I confused if i got rejected or it’s an error.

2 Likes

Also, I was accepted into csuf.

I think it is a system glitch but I would contact admissions to confirm. See my post above.

1 Like

My son hot the email regarding his status today after we called the admissions office. It mentioned that he didn’t satisfy the “F” requirement (VAPA). He in fact completed and included the art course he took via a community college last summer to satisfy the requirement. We are guessing it was overlooked. Hoping to get it fixed when the Counselor gets in touch. Did you take any outside courses that could have been overlooked? Also check your email to see the reason they mention for the denial. Good luck!!

2 Likes

My friend’s son has been admitted to Cal Poly Pomona for BioTech Engg. He has been having great grades so far. In his fall sem of senior year, he happened to get Ds in both English and Biotech course. Does this mean his admission will be rescinded? His grades in spring sem is looking good so far. What are his options?

Asking for a friend is a CC TOS violation. If this student has any questions, they need to contact CPP immediately since 4 years of passing English is a hard requirement for the Cal States and a D would put him at 3.5 years. It has happened that admitted students have been rescinded for D’s especially in English.

The sooner this student contacts CPP the better since they may be able to work out something to maintain that acceptance so pass this information along to your son’s friend. If there are any more questions, have this student make their own CC account.

Sorry I did not know that I cannot ask for a friend. I’ll have her register here and ask the questions directly. She was lost and was helping her. Thank you for your comment.

1 Like

Did this glitch get fixed @ramyk77 ? Were you able to get in touch with CPP counsellor ?

1 Like

Don’t want to continue this specific question. In general would a CC course in the summer be an option when a student has grade issues in the senior year?

Yes, a CC course could be an option but it is up to admissions to make that decision.

Provisional admission means all students need to complete Senior year classes with a C- or higher. Some campuses will make exceptions or give students options such as summer courses but it is on a case by case basis. With 2 D’s is does not look good but only CPP can decide.

Apparently he took a UC/CSU transferable course, but not a category C1 course for the VAPA requirement. The counselor told us to appeal, but didn’t guarantee that it will be taken into consideration.

1 Like

Which CC course did he take since C1 category is Arts and Humanities? Did you check assist.org for VPA articulation? Interesting that SJSU still accepted him with the same course.

He took Beginning Drawing and Composition which was listed as a CSU Bacclaureate level transferable course in ASSIST, but was not marked as “CSU GE: C1”. We were under the impression that CSU GE courses are to be taken if you need college credits, but we were only trying to get the VAPA requirement done. Not sure why SJSU was ok with it whereas CPP is not…just a way to filter the applications?

2 Likes