Cal Poly Pomona Official Thread Class of 2027

According to the 2022-2023 Common data set, the average 2022 CPP GPA was 3.78.

Average for UCR was a 4.0 Capped weighted UC GPA.

Can you link where the 3.43 GPA is listed?

3 Likes

https://www.cpp.edu/annualreport/student-profile.shtml

Never mind! That is the average applicant. Sorry!

1 Like

Also enrolled GPA is always lower than admitted GPA. No worries just making sure current and future applicants are aware. Since local in- service area applicants get priority, they can be accepted with a lower GPA vs out of area applicants based on the MFA criteria. Also local admits will attend more readily than out of area applicants.

3 Likes

Still nothing at the portal. If my son got rejected, should I got the notification by now or all the reject notifications sent at the end of March?

Your son should have a decision by April 1. Decisions are rolling so anytime till the end of the month.

1 Like

As an out-of-state student who is still waiting on a decision from CPP, if I were to get accepted, how soon after would they let me know if I qualified for the WUE scholarship?

I think its at the time of the admit decision - at least that’s the case at ASU. Our son is considering ASU for CS and the notice that he is WUE eligible came the acceptance notice. As long as you chose an eligible major I thinks its automatic

WUE awards are notified by email by April 1. We are OOS and have been accepted, but have not heard about WUE yet.

WUE is not awarded at acceptance and is not automatic at CPP. Only top 15 percent get WUE.

This site says April 15 Campus Events | CSU

2 Likes

Wow! Didn’t know that - thanks for sharing!

Nothing at portal yet. The forum does not have new posts for few days. Got a feeling that it will be rejected or waitlised since it passed the mid of March. Any body got decision notification in last few days?

1 Like

DD received acceptance last Thursday. I think they release acceptances SLOWLY. I was having DD check portal every day. GL!

7 Likes

S23 accepted for Environmental Biology, In state, Out of area (Bay area)
We are considering CPP and two others, CP Humboldt and UNR, both for Wildlife Bio. Does anyone have feedback on the EB major? Opportunities for undergrad research, internships in the Bio dept? We didn’t think he’d be accepted to CPP so I have not done as much research as the others. Thanks for any info!

1 Like

Hi all, I was admitted to the BSCE program; super excited :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We are visiting CPP on Friday from Oakland. S23 been admitted on Physics and this is our top choice so far. Admitted to 8 other CSU, UC MERCED. No to UCD, UCSC. Waitlisted CSULB. Not heard UCR, UCSB, Cal Poly and SDSU.

3 Likes

We are in the east bay too, and are visiting in a few weeks. Please share what you think about the campus.

The campus is very nice, great new gym with largest climbing wall of the csu’s, brand new freshman dorms (go apply for housing NOW if you haven’t), freshman can have a car on campus, great student union building, on campus hotel run by hospitality students, large dining commons.

2 Likes

My son hasn’t heard anything either. I have the same feeling, too. :frowning:

Admitted to Architecture. We are visiting the week of 4/4. No campus tours available unfortunately…didn’t see any academic college tours offered. Will it be possible to visit/tour College of Environmental Design if we reach out to the department?