Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

I just wanted to start a thread for new applicants. Good luck everyone!

I doubt I’ll get in but anything is possible.

Has anyone received an email confirming receipt of application? App submitted over a week ago but nothing yet.

Unsure if my D received anything from Cal Poly but she did get a notification from SDSU and those are on the same CSU app. No decisions until March!!!

@BarnacleB It took my daughter almost a month to get her Portal information from SLO. My older daughters applied in 2015 & 2017 and they had their Login info within days. Just be patient!! Good luck!

My son received a confirmation email from Cal Poly the day after he applied.

My son submitted his Cal State application on October 12th.
He received an email from Cal Poly SLO confirming receipt of his application that day (October 12th) and another email with details for setting up his portal on November 2nd.

Anyone know if they will send an e mail/snail mail? Necessary to check the portal for a decision?

@JBSeattle: Decisions will be posted on the portal. Many times it will show up on the portal before getting an email to check the portal for the decision. Start checking Mid-February.

@Gumbymom
So the thing on the SDSU thread about OOS hearing in late December is a myth?

@JBSeattle, the CSUs do not release on a standard date. It varies from school to school. @Gumbymom would know better than I, but i think CP is one of, if not the last to release acceptances.

@eyemgh
Ok, thank you. I assumed they were uniform in their decision dates.

@JBSeattle: SDSU does send out decisions for High stat (Honors college invitees) and some out state students in December. Some CSU’s have in the past posted decisions In December and January like CSU Fullerton and Cal Poly Pomona.
The majority of CSU’s start sending decisions in February and can continue through March and April.

SLO in the past would start in February with the majority of decisions by the end of the month. Then waitlisted applicants would hear followed by the rejections so unfortunately it can be long and stressful process for many applicants. Do not fret if a decision is not posted right away since they are rolling. As @eyemgh stated each CSU has their own timeline.

I much prefer the UC method like UCB, UCLA, UCD, UCSB and UCSC which post their decisions all on the same day. Exceptions to these are UCI, UCSD, UCR and UCM since they also do rolling decisions.

My daughter and several of her friends received acceptance emails to SDSU on Thursday (Dec 13). It seemed so weird that they would be sending the emails before their revised application deadline of Dec 15th!

@michzzi: SDSU always sends early admission decisions for some OOS applicants along with in-state High stat applicants. Even though the application deadline was extended, they still tried to stay on their admission schedule.

@Gumbymom so will SLO need official test scores to make a decision?

@gzza: Yes, SLO needs your official test scores before reviweing your application.
https://admissions.calpoly.edu/applicants/freshman/criteria.html

I have no idea if I’ll get in. 3.6 UW… 1370 (plan on microbiology)
If anyone can give me insight on my admission chances that would great. Good luck to all!

@kruglov: Calculate your MCA Score and your CP SLO GPA.

My CP SLO GPA is a 3.95… 2116.015 I think should be my MCA Score. I am only calculating this based off of the what the internet recommends. What does this mean for my chances?