Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

@crazycrabman, there are a LOT of on campus jobs available. Once you’re a student, you’ll have access to a site called MustangJobs where they’re posted. As far as cost, if you’re in-state, it’s definItaly feasible to have your total expenses (tuition, room, board) stay within $25,000/year, even before and any outside contribution. You should also drive hard on your outside scholarship applications.

@Tamiann My son hasn’t heard anything either. I’ve asked here but didn’t get a reply.

DS received honors invite last night. No more priority registration which is a bummer but he was very involved in HS (ASB Pres) so considering it for community/leadership opportunities. He has an UW 4.0 and lots of leadership ECs so we will see if he gets accepted.

My son has heard from 11 of his schools he applied too (all acceptances) and it looks like (if we did it right) he has a MCSA score of 4501. Cal Poly is all we are waiting on. Has anyone heard from the Construction Management Department yet?

@VikingDiva There are at least two posts from Construction Management applicants on the Final Status thread.

@mummabear @Tamiann There are some posts from ag majors on the CalPoly 2019 Final Status thread. If you open the forum and use the magnifying glass, you can see a list of all posts with your keywords in it.

i still haven’t heard anything. looking like a rejection i guess.

@nodramallama13 There are some recent acceptances and waitlists. Hang in there!

@nodramallama13 I haven’t heard anything either (And I have a higher MCA than most of the people who are getting waitlisted for my major) so I imagine that some applications just take longer than others.

business admin still waiting
MCA-4330-4350
SAT 1320

could more decisions still come out?

I have not gotten a decision for the Studio Art major yet… could they possibly still be evaluating my portfolio?

@peachygirl it’s totally possible. I just got my acceptance notification for music, so I’m guessing art is a similar situation with things requiring more review by actual people vs the formula score most people are admitted by

Kid FINALLY received notification today - waitlisted.

does it make a difference WHEN you get a waitlist notification (i.e. 3 days ago vs today)? @Gumbymom - your thoughts on this?

Mechanical Engineering
35 ACT
3.83 UW GPA
750/800 MathII/Physics SAT Subject (not that it matters to CP)
Nor Cal.

@sf94121: No it does not matter when you get the waitlist notification since an applicant will automatically remain on the waitlist unless they want to opt out. Until all decisions are posted, there will be no movement of students off the waitlist.

thanks @Gumbymom . maybe i should have put it this way… if someone got a waitlist notice say 5 days before someone else got a waitlist notification, was it b/c that first person who got the notification is a stronger candidate?

still no news yet for my S who applied as a Business major:(

I really didn’t think we would have to wait until April 1st to hear back but it’s beginning the look that way! The wait is so stressful!

S just got offered a full ride merit scholarship. This wasn’t even our radar. Check your emails and portals under “My Awards”; we had no idea he was even being considered for anything. We are in shock, thank you CP SLO!!

@sf94121: Waitlist acceptances will be based on the major and MCA score since applicants will be ranked just like for the acceptances so I do not think getting the notification earlier or later makes a difference. The stronger candidate will be the applicant with the higher MCA (stats) for that major.