Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

Thanks Gumbymom for the info!

No determination has been made at this time. I feel like dying. Why can’t they just reject me already. I can’t take the wait.

Received email on March 4th
Accepted
Major: Business Administration
GPA: unweighted: 3.94 weighted: 4.3
ACT: 27

still no decision from CPSLO or CPP
 my mca is 4370 and im applying to arch

@aVeryHappyChild

I haven’t gotten a decision from CP SLO for Arch either. I did get one from CPP though.

1470 SAT and 4.26 GPA
4335 MCA

I’m nervous because CPP wasn’t my top choice. It’s basically a glorified community college. I’m thinking about just doing community college and trying to transfer.

@Mojo88 can I ask IS or OOS? We didn’t think there was any pure merit aid for IS

I also applied with a business major. still says “no determination”

I haven’t heard back for graphic design yet and it’s making me anxious

Seriously. “Thank you for applying to Cal Poly. We have received your application. No determination has been made at this time.” Does this mean I got rejected.

Good luck!! I’m cheering for all of you hard working, talented kids!! We’re still waiting to hear for my D, Graphic Communication. She has been accepted to UC Davis and UC Santa Cruz. SLO is her #1.

Can someone please let me know what it means to “commit” to Cal Poly? Do you put a deposit down, how much is it, and is it refundable? What happens if a student changes their mind? Thanks

@Bridge19 We are IS, CA. Had no idea there was any merit scholarship at all. Got notified of the award and it’s $80k over 4 years, you don’t apply, they just go through applicants and select who to give it to per the letter.

Correction, not per the letter, per the information pertaining to the scholarship. Beyond grateful.

is there a chance that more acceptances will come out within the following few weeks?
applied with a biological sciences major with a lower gpa but high act, ecs, and course rigor
does anyone have any predictions or insight as to what may occur?

@2toplace, cal poly does not require a deposit to accept its offer of admission in the student portal. Housing and dining signups require $500 and $1,000 refundable deposits and only become accessinble after acceptance, but a student can change their mind without a penalty. That being said, there a lot of students on the waitlist hoping for acceptance, so you should really only accept if you plan to attend, or if you’re juggling another waitlist offer.

@Mojo88 wow that’s amazing. have to say I’m a little jealous but very happy for you and your S! my S is an NMF and had a MCA above 4900 but he’s heard nada (checked portal). wondering if it was major or college specific so maybe he doesn’t qualify

@Mojo88: Can you share some details regarding the scholarship with other posters? CSU’s do offer merit scholarships but they are few and the recipients are really exceptional students. SDSU for example gives out around 10 merit scholarships to the Weber’s Honor college scholars but this scholarship requires an invite to the Honors college first.

@CLDMom Thank you. Cal Poly is the twins 1st choice by a significant margin but they have a long shot at a very significant scholarship at another school that if they got it we would need to possibly re think their choice. The chance that both of them would get it is extremely unlikely and I don’t think they want to go to different schools and be separated by thousands of miles. We would never commit unless we were 99 percent sure that is where they will be going.

@Bridge19 @Gumbymom we don’t want to make anyone feel bad and are appreciative of your well wishes. We didn’t know there were any types of merit scholarships available but now that S has received one, we have realized that each college has various scholarships that donors have graciously funded over the years. His is specifically for majors within the College of Science and Mathematics. If you go here and click on the right hand side for the College of interest, you’ll see the different scholarships within each college: http://plannedgiving.calpoly.edu/scholarships

congrats mojo88!!!’