Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

@hopemom Thank you very much for your kind support!

Any rejections yet? I am a Graphic Communication major and still havenā€™t heard?

Also congratulations to @collegemom111111 !

@collegiate2019

around 10 days. you should email admissions@calpoly.edu with proof that you are a National Merit finalist.

Congratulations!!

article just released re: 2019 admissions
competition tough. avg gpa 4.10
http://mustangnews.net/as-cal-poly-begins-releasing-admissions-decisions-preliminary-average-gpa-at-4-10/

Although less applications this year compared to last year.

Does anyone know an estimate for the acceptance rate for computer science majors?

If I still havenā€™t heard from Cal Poly, does that likely mean I was rejected?? I applied for mechanical engineering.

I am waiting too. Any updates?

I had a friend just text me that she read somewhere that Cal Poly just came out and said that any other admissions information wonā€™t happen until 4/1. Iā€™m wondering if she just misunderstood what she read as I know they have said all admission decisions will be made BY 4/1. But are they now stating they wonā€™t make any more decisions until that date? Does that make senseā€¦

My S hasnā€™t heard a thing - Business majorā€¦ strong candidate with good stats so we have no idea what is going on. He emailed admissions office on Sunday evening to inquire when he might know but hasnā€™t received a reply.

I think it would be a good idea to perceive this lack of an update as a rejection and consider other options. The waitlists have already been filled as far as I can tell, with little to no updates on the final status page besides those who have just recently logged on and reported their acceptances from earlier in the month. Itā€™s better to move on and be surprised if you somehow get accepted later.

@naturelover757: based on target projections a 5.5% acceptance rate is projected if there is a 33% yield.

My S has also heard nothing. Business major. Very strong stats. Much higher numbers (GPA/ACT/MCA) than almost every accepted business admin major listed on the Final Status thread so far. Very confused. SLO admissions are based on the numbers so I donā€™t understand why I see so many posters with strong stats being left in limbo.

https://content-calpoly-edu.s3.amazonaws.com/ir/1/images/2019-20%20Enrollment%20Projections%20for%20Continuing%20Students%20-%20no%20total%20error%20adj.pdf

Enrollment target for 2019

Is Cal Polyā€™s Computer Science acceptance rate lower than UCLAā€™s?!

@collegbd4 My S in same boat - we have always heard CalPoly bases admissions on stats so this is very confusing. BTW we are in state, 2 hours from Cal Poly as someone suggested being ā€œlocalā€ helps too.

@DStepler Being local to the San Luis Obispo County helps in admissions. I believe there is no difference between in-state and out-of-state past that besides tuition.

@dstepler - we are in So Cal. About 4 hours drive. Not sure what defines as ā€œlocal.ā€

@naturelover757 Last year, CS acceptance rate was very low ā€“ I edited this post because not sure of my math and canā€™t find the true data. I do remember that there were over 5000 applicants for 100 spots.