Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

@calpolywannabe No, at this point, there’s probably nothing else you can do to get off the waitlist. You’ll just have to let time and fate decide.

Yes, you should definitely visit Cal Poly this spring break! You can ask your friend about the engineering program and inquire more about what Cal Poly can offer you. I am also thinking of visiting this break, as I applied for the engineering program. My major is Computer Science. What major did you apply for?

@transferingin321 That is definitely a possibility!

So my S got wait listed at SLO for General Engineering but just got accepted to UCSB for Chemical Engineering…definitely his first choice is UCSB so that was good.

His stats are 35 ACT, Subject Tests 780 Math II and 800 Chem
GPA 4.3
But only took 5 APs total…one being studio Art

Good luck everyone

@CEOADV Hey there! I’m a senior in high school in the Santa Barbara area, and if your son has any questions about UCSB or Santa Barbara, please feel free to private message me!

May I ask when your son received notification of that he was wait listed for General Engineering/Cal Poly?

I pretty sure it was last Tuesday…hope that helps

My S is still waiting for ANY decision from CalPoly (Bus major, strong stats) … this is so frustrating! I will have to ask him if he used auto-populate when he completed the application. He got denied at UCSB yesterday…crazy year indeed:( Keeping our fingers crossed for any in state option at this point. He got in to the Honors Program at the Leeds School of Business (CU Boulder) with a Chancellor’s scholarship and the Barrett Honors College (ASU) with a Presidential Scholarship which is great but it would be pretty disappointing if he doesn’t get accepted to one of his in state choices!

Still waiting for SLO Arch, :frowning:
Accepted to UCSB UCD CSULB CPP Pratt UCR
Waiting for UCSD UCLA UCB UCI SLO NYU USC
Really wants to go SLO Arch tho

I was waitlisted for Software Engineering!

4546 MCA
1480 SAT
4.43 GPA
Took 7 AP classes

It’s my favorite school so I hope I get off the waitlist!

@DStepler my S still waiting a decision at CalPoly business major. He has a 4.3 GPA 1440 SAT, waitlisted at UCSB but in at UCD, Michigan, Wisc., UW, Tulane, totally frustrating especially UCSB

@minustwo when?

Is anyone else’s server down? I’m scared to look after it comes back up…

@Wazzu2012 same, last month though I read on one of the threads that it happens every Wednesday for servicing, but I don’t remember it happening last Wednesday, so I noticed people were posting that on Wednesday the 20th… so I’m guessing it happens each 20th of the month?
I’m still waiting too so I’m hoping we hear back soon

Servicing would make sense! I guess I was just worried that it was down for updating…similar to what the UCs do before releasing admissions. Cal Poly was my top choice but, sadly, I’ve lost hope. :frowning: I do have lots of other choices but I’ve been seriously stalking the portal every day. I’m sure it’s not healthy for my stress levels… :wink:

@transferingin321 Meant to tag you in last comment!

It goes down every Wednesday night. All year long. Totally normal.

@abby2022 I got accepted to the same colleges as you so far besides Riverside, Pratt, and Davis (Waitlisted at Davis for CS). Waiting for UCLA and UCB as well. Cal Poly SLO is also my top choice, but it’s not looking like an option and I’ll likely end up at Pomona.

@DStepler My kids applied during the 2014, 2016, and 2018 cycles. The reported stats can be mis-calculated sometimes and the many forget to include middle school classes in accerated math and foreign language. That being said, it can be a head scratcher sometimes. Good luck.

My Student Center is down again. I know last night was maintenance but why is it back down again? Is anyone else having problems logging on?

@Wazzu2012 Housing / dining applications are opening this morning, and I’ve been told that the servers collapse on days like this as a matter of routine… FYI