Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

@COMom2boys Makes sense! Thank you! :slight_smile:

When are the rest of the decisions being released? I still have not heard back yet!

@futurehealthyrd we are wondering the same!!! It’s so strange that we have heard nothing 3 weeks after people have first been notified. Really puts a damper on it regardless of the decision.

@DStepler I don’t mind waiting as long as they need for an acceptance or a waitlist spot! :wink: But I do wish if they knew for sure that I wasn’t going to be accepted, that they would just send out the rejection as quick as possible so I didn’t spend this much time stressing! ?

If a specific major is already offering waitlists, does that imply all acceptances for that major are done?

@Wazzu2012 totally agree!

I called yesterday and they said they will be done with waitlist, rejections and acceptances on April 1st.

any rejections out there?

ahk i am still waiting
 on psych major

late but got accepted 3/4 (in-state)
Intended Major: business administration (I think)
ACT: 31
SAT II: 770 math II/670 physics/720 Spanish
Unweighted GPA: 3.65
Weighted GPA: 3.9
UC/CSU GPA: 4.1
Varsity Crew 4+ yrs, 100+ service hours, dance 2 + yrs

Congrats to everyone who got in & good luck to those still waiting!

Is there anyone out there with good stats that is still waiting for a decision.

My GPA is 4.6 and 3.76 UW with 1520 SAT score. I am not sure how to calculate MCA. I took algebra and geometry in jr high. Took online algebra II also in jr high. Took honor Pre Cal as freshman, and Cal AB during 10th grade, passed AP Cal BC with a 5 I Completed the highest level math that school has to offer, Took online AP statistic and pass AP exam. Took multi var cal senior yr.

Question, how many semesters of math class is used to calculate my MCA?

@Karate111 did you enter your middle school math classes on your Cal Poly application? if you did not, you won’t get extra points for them.

@Karate111: The MCA points max out with 10 semesters of Math (5 years). Try this calculator: https://mca.netlify.com/

SLO uses 9-11th grades for the a-g courses for their GPA calculation, maximum 8 semesters of honors points for UC approved AP/IB/DE and Honors courses taken 10-11th grades. SLO caps the GPA at 4.2 for their MCA points.

@karate111 yes my S is till waiting to hear re Business Major 33 ACT, 4.56 Weighted GPA not sure his MCA though, Decent EC’s varsity sports 4 yrs etc.

@coxwain23 when did you hear, just tonight?

@TheFrenchChef it’s been so-so long ago that I completed the application that I don’t recall. When I applied, I am not aware of the MCA is the determining factor. In net, I only took two years of math, because I already completed the highest levels offer by the school. I took some online math classes from Johns Hopkins, but SLO/UC probably don’t count them. I am thinking this is working against me.

Well, it is too late.

my best friend got into cal poly with a 1190 SAT and a 3.8 GPA. Don’t give up hope!

@Gumbymom Is it suffice to say that if you got rejected by SLO, it is purely due to your stats. This yield protection is not much of a factor, since there is no essays requirement. Looking at you MCA calculation. The factors that count are GPA, SAT scores, # of classes and service hrs.

Accepted!
in state, non-local
UW GPA: 3.96
CSU GPA: 4.28
SAT: 1460
decent amount of hours in ECs

@Karate111 MCA also accounts for if you are near the school, if your parents are veterans, and if one or more of your parents didn’t graduate from high school which are all non-academic factors.

@bri180 What’s the major?