Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

@bobbyyy You’ll need to provide a transcript for any class that was listed on your CSU application for meeting Cal Poly’s A-G requirements

Folks, has anyone here (or their child) been admitted to SLO off the waitlist since May 1 ? Please share. Much appreciated.
Thanks

Not yet. Correspondence says around the 15th we should hear.

Not around the 15. “BY” the 15th

@FTKDad Where is that posted? On the portal? I don’t think my son has checked his recently.

Admissions site, @teachmomof2

I hope they will do it in two waves: wave 1, 05/08, giving it 5 days to accept, and wave 2, 05/14.

Anyone hear anything? May 15 is the latest we will know from what the email said.

nahh not yet. They probably wait till the last second lol

I suspect that too many people were accepted initially, and they are not able to accept people off the waitlist. In the past, waitlist notifications happened earlier than this. To me it is pretty obvious that there simply are not the same numbers of slots available to fill.

@LACookie you never know. This year could be a different system. Maybe they let us all know at once so they don’t have to scramble everyone around. Maybe they are deciding to factor in last minute adjustments or whatever the school has to do to prepare for the things they are dealing with now before notifying us. Let’s just stay positive and see what happens

I feel like way more people accepted last year than this year

I find it unlikely, but everything in this admissions cycle could be possibly delayed because of the wildfires back in November during which they gave everyone an extra two weeks to submit their application. Cal Poly didn’t release their first decisions until early March, which is later compared to last year and the year before. Honestly, who knows lmao

@Vsawce this is exactly what I was thinking. I think that we all still have an excellent shot because last year at the very last day a ton of people got off the waitlist so that’s why I’m staying extremely positive.

Update from admissions:

http://mustangnews.net/cal-polys-incoming-2019-20-class-to-be-the-most-diverse-yet/

@bairsouth what does that mean then?

SLO will go to their waitlist, but NOT as extensively as last year.

@sushiritto How much how much did they go to it last year?

@FireDoggg 2,436 students were admitted from the waitlist, from 6,643 students who were offered a position on the waitlist according to the CDS. That’s alot IMO.

But the year before, they enrolled 15 from the wait list out of 3,168, a very paltry 0.5%. I suspect this year will be similar.