Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

For the Class of 2021, SLO over-enrolled by nearly a 1,000 students and had some housing issues.
http://mustangnews.net/cal-poly-aims-to-downsize-the-student-body-by-2020/

They probably over-corrected for the Class of 2022 and went to their waitlist “extensively.” I’m sure admittances from the waitlist for this year will not be paltry nor will it be extensive. :smile: Somewhere in between.

Thanks for posting the SLO update. Based on the numbers they posted, I think the chance for waitlisted people are very slim. I will keep praying for my son and everyone else who is still hoping

@sushiritto nailed the explanation perfectly. Not very slim but not very extensive for that they need to be even this year. Do not give up hope guys.

Guys remember that they have to meet a quota for a certain major. People could have overenrolled in certain majors but your major could be depleted and you would have a very good chance of getting in.

Sorry if it’s a dumb question. I understand that Cal Poly SLO is very hands on in the engineering majors. How about other majors? Will the students in none engineering major also easy to get a job after graduation?

@hopemom Cal Poly incorporates “Learn By Doing” into all of its majors, giving students much more practical experience than they would typically receive at other universities. The school also encourages internships, which help students be more competitive in the job market after graduation.

so today’s the day?

Yes!! It looks like last year people posted in the evening on 5/15. I am guessing we will know tonight. Good luck everyone!

Someone should check the portal cuz the email is delayed I think ?

Portal always comes before email. And status changes can happen throughout the day. Good luck to all!

Yeah somebody said admissions said it should be sent after their business day and before midnight

Last year they started rolling in around 5:15 we will know shortly hopefully. GOOD LUCK!

I didnt get in good luck to everyone else.

me neither oof

Nope, D didn’t get in. :slightly_frowning_face:

SDSU it is lmao

If you DO get in, please join the Cal Poly SLO Mustang Parents facebook page, and we’ll help you catch up with the things you need to be doing. Good luck to all!

rejected. :frowning:

Rejected from the waitlist ?

Major: Computer Science
Calculated MCA: 5300+
ACT: 33
CSU GPA: 4.20
In-state applicant
AP/IB Student

Good luck to everyone <3

S rejected from waitlist. Mech Eng 5300+ OOS. : (