Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

my MCA Score is only based off of my Cal Poly SLO GPA.

@kruglov: Here is the link to the MCA point calculation. You need to be in the 4000+ range to be competitive for SLO. See post #52

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/1694769-confused-about-mca-score.html

@Gumbymom Since you seem to be in the know around here–D got an email asking for her SAT scores, but she has already submitted her ACT scores. This should be ok, right?

@ilovebillyjoel: Did she list her SAT scores on her CSU application? If she did, they want to see the official scores for the SAT also. SLO does super score across tests (between ACT and SAT) so it might be to her advantage to submit both. The requirement is either test.

4200 was my score

wait actually 4300!! sorry!

Where would that put me?

@kruglov: Since SLO does not publish their MCA point cutoffs for each major, it is hard to tell where you stand. You will be compared to all Microbiology applicants and ranked based on your MCA points. I was only able to find one Microbiology major that posted their acceptance last year. Here are their stats but no MCA points listed:

Microbiology
GPA 4.04
SAT:1410
In state
Accepted

Using SLO’s projection target information and expecting a 33% yield, the acceptance rate for Microbiology could be around 22%. Your GPA and SAT score are below the averages for the College of Science and Mathematics. I would say you have a decent chance at an acceptance. It really depends upon your competition and how you stack up.

thank you!

is there any chance for CS with an MCA score of 4550?

@DwYmJz: Probably not since CS is the most competitive major at SLO. Software Engineering could be possible.

@Gumbymom do you know if it’s possible to change major at this point?

@DwYmJz you can change your major until January 15. Here is the form: http://dots-util.calpoly.edu/freshmen_changeUPDATE.php

@Gumbymom thank you!

Is 4800+ competitive for ME? If anyone needs to know my stats I’d be happy to respond.

@edge555, yes, but as no one know what the actual cutoff will be, and ME tends to be one of the hardest admits, have a safety or two.

is an MCA of 4660 good for software engineering?

@jjg456, that will be on the bubble. SE is getting more competitive because CS is so absurd. Have a safety.

I’m guessing 4488 is a deny for CS…

^^ mostly due to my low GPA of 3.96