Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

Accepted. GPA- 4.15 ACT- 34. Booya!!! Easy money

does anyone know the required elements for the password. REALLY NEED YOUR HELP

@gorillaking13, would you mind calculating your MCA and posting to the Final Status thread? It will greatly help future applicants. You can find an MCA calculator linked at the bottom.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128373-2019-final-status-p6.html

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128874-understanding-the-mca-plus-calculator.html#latest

@thewaitinghurts my daughter was accepted 2 years ago into her alternate major and it was the same time as all the other acceptances.

I just created a sheet to try to track this nonsense. If you’re tired of hitting “refresh” on your portal, help me fill it in! since “public” sheets often get destroyed by an a*hole I made it ‘comment only’ so just click on a cell and go to “insert comment” and put in the MCA and I’ll approve any new comments
 I have to post it in two parts: first put in: docs DOT google DOT com, then put /spreadsheets/d/1iSdzLuq8p1wYNrMCynj1GFSJhDPucio3TTj-mTT18_E/edit#gid=0

FYI I have already put in everything through final stats page 6 that I could find so no need to put in old stuff unless I missed it. I’m ‘guessing’ at min/median/max (ie if I only see one stat I put it in min unless it is like 4900 ;-))

Preliminary New Freshman Profile Fall 2018
ADMITTED

COLLEGE GPA ACT* SAT*
Ag, Food & EnvironSciences

4.00 28 1325
Architecture & Envir Design. 4.02 29 1364
Business 4.12 30 1410
Engineering 4.21 32 1481
Liberal Arts 4.04 29 1355
Science & Math. 4.18 31 1420

ENROLLED 2018-19
SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
620-700
SAT Math. 620-700
ACT Composite 26-32

for reference. Given this data, we have seen only one or two students admitted on the lower end of this high achieving spectrum. hang tight!

@gorillaking13 Which major please?

Sorta seems like the acceptances with the higher stats are coming out first.

@jnagra dont know exactly but it couldnt be a word or name -had to have ltrs numbers and symbol. at least 8 characters

Acceptances seem to have slowed down for today
thought they’d be dropping some more at 11am but it appears that’s not the case.
Fingers crossed for more to come soon

Do you think if your standardized test score is below their desired stats but your GPA is well above their desired stats that people would still have a chance of being admitted?

@confederalis Def for Business!

ok so 9 people are viewing the google sheet and no one has entered any comments :slight_smile: please if you see a new one or one I missed click on the cell and go to “insert → comment” (oh and let me know if this is helpful. it’s helping my anxiety at least!

@Vil2001 wondering the same. it appears to me that SAT score is more heavily weighed. Bummer for us too! 4.24 gpa but only 1310 sat -business admin

@Bridge19 /r/ApplyingToCollege on reddit has had a bunch of people posting about SLO acceptances. You can look through there to add stuff if you haven’t

Also, someone on reddit just said they got accepted for Aerospace Engineering. Idk if that means the engineering stuff is starting to go out but Aero is first alphebetically

@StacysMom24, IF the MCA is still the same, GPA is the biggest component at 45%. Test scores are second at 33%.

@keepingitsimple did u just post that u were “deferred” for business? or is “def” a younger generation word?

Construction Management
MCA: 4212
GPA: 3.92
SAT: 1350
Accepted
In state!

I’m guessing computer science won’t come out today