Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

Does anyone know when biochemistry might come out???

Stopped at Electrical?

D accepted into architecture yesterday at 10 am. No email yet, but the portal updated overnight to allow her to accept the offer. Hoping more on this thread wake up to good news or get it later today as decisions keep rolling out.

Any word on mechanical engineering?

My S just got admitted at 8:20am for Industrial Engineering MCA 4617

I’ve seen just a few fo business admin… Amy more? Does where you live in CA and your high school have anything to do with when they roll out acceptances? 4652 MCA,
4.9 W, 4.29 CSU calculation, 4.0 UW

i’m so sad. i really thought i had a shot for child development but i guess not.

Anybody hear anything about Econ?

still waiting on architecture…

Anyone heard about Environmental Engineering yet?

Accepted! Business Admin
GPA 4.18
ACT 32
1 weighted sophomore yr
4 weighted jr yr
3 weighted sr yr
Lots of extracurricular/work hours

For all of us that are still waiting, here’s an encouraging anecdote.My daughter’s friend couple years ago did not apply to any safety schools and got rejected by all of them and was on waitlisted for animal science at SLO. Then in July, she got in off of the waitlist. I like to tell people that it’s not so much where you go but what you do with the opportunities presented to you. Having said that, I am still on pins and needles like all of you waiting to hear back for my son.

My S just got up and he was accepted into Computer Engineering. I will post his stats on the Final Thread. Good Luck to everyone and Thank You all for your posts.

@Vil2001 same… what’s your MCA if you don’t mind me asking… just trying to figure out if they’re are admitting by highest MCA first and rolling down until they reach their max yield, though I suspect there will be a wave of acceptances on Monday for Architecture because I haven’t heard of many qualified people getting accepted. Anyhow we’re in this together… let’s not lose hope :wink:

@xitedparent if it is alphabetical by major, someone just posted for industrial. After that, there’s still Liberal Arts & Engineering Studies, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Engineering, then Mechanical. Im hoping for today…

They keep rolling in and we haven’t hit waitlist notifications yet. Remember, if it’s anything like last year, and I believe it will be based on the stellar MCAs being accepted so far, lots of applicants got off the waitlist. Hold Strong!

Thanks those of you who are posting your majors and MCAs to the Final Status thread. It will be very helpful to future applicants.

@momtomusicians @justgotin4444 @momof14and19 @RB2019 and @Jammin82

If you would all do a little extra leg work and calculate your MCAs and post to the Final Status thread, it would be VERY helpful to future applicants. Thanks!

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128874-understanding-the-mca-plus-calculator.html#latest

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128373-2019-final-status.html#latest

My D got accepted to Psychology sometime between 11:00 PM last night and 8:45 AM today. Her MCA is approximately 4760, 3.85 UW/4.25 W, 33 ACT. I will post on final thread. Good luck to all who are still waiting.

My D’s acceptance to business admin just posted to the portal sometime this morning. MCA 4701. In state.

Are there any transfer student on here? Waiting to hear!! Transfers are usually notified after Freshman.