Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

@eve12345 No decision is no decision. Acceptances usually dribble out throughout the week until the waitlisted applicants are notified.

@Bridge19 Iā€™m also waiting on General Engineering, but none of the people in my area have heard anything backā€¦ if they did, by chance, skip over Gen E, what does that mean for those who applied?

Just got in for Wine and Viticulture!

just accepted to animal science major. act 33 (34 composite). non-wgtd 3.94. weighted 4.49.

@casty3 my MCA is around 4600 I believe, lots of ECā€™s, leadership, work and max rigor. W GPA 4.2/CSU GPA 3.83. 32 ACT superscore, 31 one sitting. Fingers crossed!!

@casty3 oops just realized your question was to @california2001 !! We have very similar usernames haha. I applied for Bio and am waiting to hear back.

Hey @california20001, can you post that to the Final Status thread? Thanks!!!

Oh I havenā€™t been accepted yet! Iā€™m waiting to hear back for Bio :slight_smile:

^waiting to hear back from communicationsā€¦ im starting to feel like im not getting in :frowning:

Iā€™m waiting for Nutrition, I just know Iā€™m not getting in lol Iā€™ve been refreshing my portal and nothing

Donā€™t loose hope! Ask around at your school and see what your peers say. I have a feeling your high school may have something to do with some people finding out sooner than others. Iā€™m not too nervous yet, as my school always has lots of kids accepted to Poly and no one has heard back yet!

my friend got accepted todayā€¦ im still waiting for architecture although my stats are higher than hersā€¦
btw we both go to the same school

@casty3 I never calculated my MCA, oops but I have a 4.3 GPA and 1500 SAT. @california20001 haha I know! Great minds think alike

my friend from school also got in today, but i have higher stats also. do you think it could be alphabetical? she is a B and i am a W

@kombuchakid I do not think it is alphabetical order because my friend got in on Friday night and his last name starts with an S

@Vil2001 and @kombuchakid, remember stats only tell part of the story. Itā€™s really about the MCA. For example, if either of those students has a parent that didnā€™t finish HS, theyā€™d get a 300 point bump. That counts exactly the same as scoring 300 points higher on the SAT. Thatā€™s only one way. Itā€™s most likely an alphabet thing, but stats alone paint an imperfect picture. Good luck!

@california2001: Here is a MCA calculator: https://mca.netlify.com/

Okay newly updated with MCA calculator score (my son is not a veteran, not first generation at college, and doesnā€™t work) Accepted Computer Engineering
Csu gpa: ?
UW GPA: 3.9+
W GPA: 4.5+
ACT: 35
SAT Subjects tests Math II and Chemistry: 800 (both)
MCA: 5219
In state
Will finish HS with 12 AP courses

I GOT IN FOR BRAE!

if i havenā€™t heard anything from EPM with a 4337 MCA do i just assume iā€™ve been rejected? lol. iā€™ve lost hope