Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

OOF I think I am going to get wait listed or rejected. I applied for Biochemistry, and although I have not seen many biochem posts I do not feel good about this :frowning:

@casty3, getting waitlisted isn’t the end of the world. Last year the acceptance rate from the waitlist was around 50%. Hang in there. It’s still early. Remember, your school doesn’t define you. What you do, no matter where you go, will.

@casty3: I completely concur with @eyemgh’s advice above. You can get a great education at just about any school. It’s more about your resolve and what you do once you get to a school that will determine your success. There are many very successful people who went to low-cost schools–but once they got there, they really applied themselves, went after multiple opportunities to broaden or deepen their skillsets. They weren’t passive participants, just showing up for class. They engaged.

two of my friends from school have received actual rejections. in state

has anyone else gotten accepted today?

i’m trying to figure out if the wave of acceptances is over.

@nodramallama13 Yes, for the most part it is over. I am hearing of friends gettting waitlist notifications.

ugg

great im so nervous

i’ve never been more disappointed in my life.

i didnt get anything so i dont think i got in

RIP i thought i would get in (major L)

my D was accepted for Biological science. Just saw on the portal

does slo usually mail out acceptance packages as well?

@nodramallama13 I wouldn’t worry yet. I haven’t seen any child development acceptances yet and if there has been its been very few. Decisions are still rolling out, and even if you do get on the waitlist, people get off of it. I know it’s hard but don’t give up hope yet!!

i hope i don’t get rejected and at least get on the waitlist

Son accepted to Construction Management today!

@nodramallama13 and @StacysMom24 and anyone else with a dog in the hunt.

1. I have not seen a waitlist notification posted here yet.

2. Another acceptance just posted above at 1:32 pm, and yet another at 2:10.

3. By now, you should have a reasonable idea, based on your major, your MCA and posts in the Final Status thread for your intended major, where you stand. If you’re within a few hundred points, you’re probably still in the hunt. If you’re 1000 points low, probably not.

4. unlike at most schools, waitlist does not mean it is over. Last year 2436 students were admitted from a 6643 waitlist. That’s not accepted, but ADMITTED. They went to Cal Poly. In order to get to 2436 admitted, they have to accept more than that because students move on. If you get waitlisted, odds are still fairly good.

hey thx @eyemgh!
looks like Business Admin has had acceptances from 4350-4550-4788 (lowest,median,highest). My D MCA is 4360. so she’s hanging on by a thread and in the game! thx so much for the encouragement and back up info!! it helps!

i have no clue where my scores fall because i haven’t seen anyone get accepted for child development.

Hi! I’ve scoured through both this thread and the final acceptances thread but haven’t seen any admissions for political science. Anyone out here? Do you think there’s a different wave of decisions for that? HELPP